JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's sickening to hear those anti rights puppets go on proudly about attempting to and actually killing people's rights. And the media going lock step along with them.

Whether you read the Bible or remember old fables from childhood. Human nature is pretty well covered. I'd be more comfortable if there was one example where a benevolent leader gave up his power. Seems we are still under "emergency powers" act in phase ## 🙄. These previous nobodies do like the temporary powers they wield.

It's sickening to hear those anti rights puppets go on proudly about attempting to and actually killing people's rights. And the media going lock step along with them.

Whether you read the Bible or remember old fables from childhood. Human nature is pretty well covered. I'd be more comfortable if there was one example where a benevolent leader gave up his power. Seems we are still under "emergency powers" act in phase ## 🙄. These previous nobodies do like the temporary powers they wield.

At the end of the day, a person who is adequately armed and steadfast in their commitment to the principles of American liberty, can only be reasoned with. They cannot be forced.

There's some people who don't like that obstacle and a lot of other people who are their useful idiots.

The WA Poll of 825 Washington adults conducted last week showed support for a ban in virtually every corner of the state, with strong backing in urban areas.
825 people surveyed in a state of 7.5 million. For those that do math, that is 0.00011% of the population.

Edited to include:
Washington state has 39 counties, which means if they covered all of them evenly they surveyed only 21 people in each county. If they go by legislative districts (there are 49) that number drops to 17.

Gee, that sure sounds like an authoritative poll to me! :rolleyes:

Also, in spite of the majority of Washington being composed of rural areas where firearms ownership and usage is commonplace, they still magically managed to find support "in virtually every corner" of the state. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are 3 possibilities:
A. They are the laziest pollsters known to man who somehow through luck of the draw got a bunch of anti-gun folks in their poll (unlikely).
B. They cherry-picked the poll recipients to be predominantly of one political pursuasion.
C. They discarded results that didn't align with the message they were trying to promote.

It would sure be nice if we could hold propagandists - *ahem*, I mean "journalists" - accountable for what they print.

13e.jpg

Last Edited:
825 people surveyed in a state of 7.5 million. For those that do math, that is 0.00011% of the population.

Edited to include:
Washington state has 39 counties, which means if they covered all of them evenly they surveyed only 21 people in each county. If they go by legislative districts (there are 49) that number drops to 17.

Also, in spite of the majority of Washington being composed of rural areas where firearms ownership and usage is commonplace, they still magically managed to find support "in virtually every corner" of the state. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are 3 possibilities:
A. They are the laziest pollsters known to man who somehow through luck of the draw got a bunch of anti-gun folks in their poll (unlikely).
B. They cherry-picked the poll recipients to be predominantly of one political pursuasion.
C. They discarded results that didn't align with the message they were trying to promote.

It would sure be nice if we could hold propagandists - *ahem*, I mean "journalists" - accountable for what they print.

View attachment 1240736
How many times have you been polled on these types of questions? I have never been involved in a gun related poll outside of a forum like this one. I've lived in several states and different communities over the years.

If I read you correctly.... you mean you don't feel polling 21 people in each county outside of a bed, bath and beyond gives a "majority" opinion indiction of the average Joe citizenry??

I don't see why....... ;)

Last Edited:
If I read you correctly.... you mean you don't feel polling 21 people in each county outside of a bed, bath and beyond gives a "majority" opinion indiction of the average Joe citizenry??

I don't see why....... ;)
You read me correctly - call me crazy, but I feel like one must poll a MUCH larger sample in order to substantiate the claim that "the majority of Washingtonians support an AWB". And that sample would need to be from disparate groups. If you camp ourside of a Trader Joe's your poll results will be different than if you camp outside of a Walmart. Not that they're actually doing that - I'm sure it's a phone poll of a highly slanted pool of participants.

How many times have you been polled on these types of questions? I have never been involved in a gun related poll outside of a forum like this one. I've lived in several states and different communities over the years.
Well, they couldn't possibly poll you - you're clearly a biased party! I too have never been polled, no surprise there. The poll isn't a real representation of public opinion - it's manufactured justification bought and paid for by a group with a specific outcome in mind so that they can point to it and say "it's the will of the people".

Over fifty years ago I wrote a paper for a class in high school. The title was Lying with Statistics. It unhinged a UofO trained teacher, seems like I struck a nerve. I got a D on the paper. My main point
was how easy it is to push a viewpoint in the guise of a question.
Bill

Like stated before take polls with a grain of salt. Too many variables on how they get their numbers, platform used, types of people they used it on, how many people actually participated are actually registered voters. They say most polls this day and age are 50% accurate.

You read me correctly - call me crazy, but I feel like one must poll a MUCH larger sample in order to substantiate the claim that "the majority of Washingtonians support an AWB". And that sample would need to be from disparate groups. If you camp ourside of a Trader Joe's your poll results will be different than if you camp outside of a Walmart. Not that they're actually doing that - I'm sure it's a phone poll of a highly slanted pool of participants.
Not only can they be selective about who they cold call. People can be selective about what calls they answer. Another way to skew your results is what time of day you call. Joe Lunchpail is at work 8-5, so calls in that time frame are less likely to be answered by a working guy vs someone not working or in a job that let's them work from home. And that work at home demographic skews left.
I also wonder how the questions were worded.
eta Polls are like statistics in what they hide is usually more interesting than what they reveal.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top