JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why I'm so afraid of spending the money on reload equipment I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I can see myself blowing myself up because I used the wrong powder LOL SIGNED still not reloading and still alive HEHEH

If you are willing to go slow, a single stage press is pretty foolproof, provided you look at each cartridge throughout the process and stick to the guidelines in published books. I wouldn't be too worried about it so long as you measure what you are doing and double check your work.

I've been reloading on my Rockchucker single-stage press since 1978, and its predecessor since 1965, and last count I not only had all my fingers and thumbs, but both eyeballs.

I never had anything else except a Dillon to crank out thousands of .38Spec - but that had to go when my handguns had to go.

Take your time, and do things in the correct order, use the loading manual but under no circumstances use your imagination, or try a 'I wonder, what if....'

That way lies possible pain and catastrophe, to you or to somebody else.

tac

I've been reloading on my Rockchucker single-stage press since 1978
Yep - about the same for me but I eventually added a Forster CO-AX press to go along with it. In all this time my only 'mistake' was a .38 Special squib from what I believe to be a light powder throw from the measure with 700X which does NOT meter well. Reloading is a procedural and repetitive task and demands attention but is very safe as long as the procedures are followed and things like the correct powder are checked for the specific load and powder levels are double checked before seating bullets! Probably the most common reloading accident is due to a double charge of fast burning powder.

Just finished my goal of reloading 700 .45acp. Next to the range to "unload" them all. Heck, I am getting a little leary with professional re-manufacturing of rounds. Recently had a "tick me off" experience with a couple of boxes of remanufactured 9mms. Prolly going to buy oats that haven't been through the horse [so to speak] as opposed to the other style of commercial reman stuff in 9mm.

@AndyinEverson , how's it going on the fix/replace front?

Noticed this here.. maybe it'd do? lol

WTS OR - CMP 1944 Springfield Garand
My 03A3 has been parted out...As to a replacement rifle of some sort ... I'm thinking I 'm just going to have to save up and buy it myself , rather than wait for the promised reimbursement / replacement, that looks like it isn't going to happen...
Andy

Will do...Kinda have my eye on a JM marked Marlin 336 in .30-30 ( late 70's vintage )
Excellent shape w/ the original box ....Collectors Firearms has it.
Its not a 03A3 ...but it will suit my "modern" rifle shooting needs....
Just gotta save up my pennies...:D
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews