JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Suggestion. Instead of speculating, call and ask your insurance agent.

Peter

Good idea - with a caveat. I did that a few years ago and was promptly penalized.

When I noticed a jump in my home insurance premiums, I asked why. Bottom line was that I'd phoned a few months earlier to ASK if I'd be covered if an old water heater flooded my basement. When the next bill showed up, I had lost my claim-free discount and my premium was higher. They insisted that I had made a claim for a flood in my house, which made no sense since we'd never discussed any material damage, repair, anything. The computer jockey on the phone rationalized that I had made a claim and decided not to follow-through.

Buffalo dust! I had simply asked a question about what's covered in the policy.

Took a dozen phone calls escalated up through several regional supervisors, and a written threat to drop them like a used diaper, if they didn't restore my no-claim status retroactively. It would've been painful to walk since they're normally top notch (for home and multiple vehicles) and cost far less than Geico or any of the others.

Maybe make that call anonymously to avoid suffering similar foolishness.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top