JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello- I have found a pre 64 Win model 94, with the original box for $700. The rifle is in vg condition, but it has a Marbles compass imbedded in the butt stock. Im considering purchasing the rifle, and swapping all the wood for other matching pre 64 wood. The rifle is a flat band model 94. Should I pass on the rifle entirely, swap the wood, or leave it alone? If I buy the replacement wood, is it a 1:1 swap (since it's all pre 64 wood) or is there inletting that will need to be done? Will there be a problem due to flat band if the wood didn't come from a flat band rifle? Is the wood marked w/ part or serial numbers? Thanks!

This is just my opinion but I think the price is at the high end for the rifle as you describe it. I think the Marbles compass would be an ok period addition and not a big change in value on anything but a mint condition rifle. Can't see that replacing wood would be cost effective. If you like it buy it but if you don't I don't think you are missing any kind of deal.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top