JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys/gals, a friend and I were looking at a new Kimber hunter model chambered in 6.5 cm yesterday. Bi-mart has them on sale right now for $699. I've been eyeballing this rifle for a long time now, but wanted to ask if any of you have bought one of these recently. I've heard Kimber has stepped up its game in accuracy and also function. I believe I asked a similar question more than a year ago here, but would like to get a fresh update on these rifles. What say you, what have you experienced with these rifles. Thanks!!!

My experience with Kimber isn't recent, but it's the reason I don't have any that is. :D

That doesn't mean I'm not tempted, though. There's a lot I like about the action Kimber uses.
The molded trigger guard on the Hunter is a turn off for me.

My experience with Kimber isn't recent, but it's the reason I don't have any that is. :D

That doesn't mean I'm not tempted, though. There's a lot I like about the action Kimber uses.
The molded trigger guard on the Hunter is a turn off for me.
Thanks orygun. Im starting to feel the same way. I actually was seriously considering buying the limited edition kimber 6.5 creedmoor with wood stock and stainless barrel. I drug my feet too long and missed out on the sale they were having on them at sportsman's

There is a Kimber wood stock, can't remember the cal.at Sportsman's 82nd.
Looks like a maple curly wave ,fore end to butt stock just beautiful.
Wish I had noted this cal. But it was $999 and I was buying a Tikka super lite in 6.5 24"
OOOH, At $749 and 5.9 lbs I was assimilated....

Last Edited:
Buy a T3x Lite Stainless for $719 at Sportsmans. Their website is wrong on the price. It says $799. The 6.5 CM comes with the M+ magazine with extra space. I have been changing over to aluminum bottom metal from High Desert Rifle Works. I like!

As far as the Kimber Hunter, I am not crazy about them. I know its CRF, but I can't get over the stock vs the Montana I had. I've had a Classic and Montana and both shot ok out of the box. I feel like if I had those guns today after learning about bedding and reloading, they would have shot better.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews