JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys/gals, a friend and I were looking at a new Kimber hunter model chambered in 6.5 cm yesterday. Bi-mart has them on sale right now for $699. I've been eyeballing this rifle for a long time now, but wanted to ask if any of you have bought one of these recently. I've heard Kimber has stepped up its game in accuracy and also function. I believe I asked a similar question more than a year ago here, but would like to get a fresh update on these rifles. What say you, what have you experienced with these rifles. Thanks!!!

My experience with Kimber isn't recent, but it's the reason I don't have any that is. :D

That doesn't mean I'm not tempted, though. There's a lot I like about the action Kimber uses.
The molded trigger guard on the Hunter is a turn off for me.

My experience with Kimber isn't recent, but it's the reason I don't have any that is. :D

That doesn't mean I'm not tempted, though. There's a lot I like about the action Kimber uses.
The molded trigger guard on the Hunter is a turn off for me.
Thanks orygun. Im starting to feel the same way. I actually was seriously considering buying the limited edition kimber 6.5 creedmoor with wood stock and stainless barrel. I drug my feet too long and missed out on the sale they were having on them at sportsman's

There is a Kimber wood stock, can't remember the cal.at Sportsman's 82nd.
Looks like a maple curly wave ,fore end to butt stock just beautiful.
Wish I had noted this cal. But it was $999 and I was buying a Tikka super lite in 6.5 24"
OOOH, At $749 and 5.9 lbs I was assimilated....

Last Edited:
Buy a T3x Lite Stainless for $719 at Sportsmans. Their website is wrong on the price. It says $799. The 6.5 CM comes with the M+ magazine with extra space. I have been changing over to aluminum bottom metal from High Desert Rifle Works. I like!

As far as the Kimber Hunter, I am not crazy about them. I know its CRF, but I can't get over the stock vs the Montana I had. I've had a Classic and Montana and both shot ok out of the box. I feel like if I had those guns today after learning about bedding and reloading, they would have shot better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top