JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What an excellent opportunity!! I was shooting a .22 at 6, and shot a 1911 at 8. Nothing more exciting for a youngster, and the opportunity to teach proper safety and handling. A chance for them to grow up with the truth, and not be intimidated in later years to think of guns as evil.

TEACH them when there young right ANDY 1461.jpeg

Teach your kids about guns of course...as to what age ...that depends on the kid.
If nothing else comes of it...they now know how to safely handle themselves around guns and the gun itself.
Take way the fear of the object and replace it with knowledge...
Andy

If I had any, I would like to add that I keep my fully simi-automatic assault rifles on tripods aimed at all points of entry into my house and have them on motion detectors.... you know, for mice and stuffo_O:rolleyes:

It's never too early to get kids thinking about safety. I suggest starting with games and exercises relating to situational awareness, what if's, and so on. You may have to get "down to their level" emotionally, physically, and educationally to learn more about the things that affect their safety, and build out from there. Getting to firearms and personal security is less of a stretch (and easier to transition to) if they've already gotten into the habit of paying close attention. You don't want to get them jaded with the world at too young an age, so awareness about just how people are behaving (Without looking at him, what's your brother wearing today? How do you think he's feeling and what do you think he's thinking about? Do you know what's going to be happening this afternoon? And so forth.)

She asked about the kids hearing gunfire, not actually shooting, IIRC. May I suggest visiting a range? Somehow, a recording just doesn't sound the same.
Our son shot a .45 @ age 5 and put it in the 10 ring from about 15'. This was under close supervision of course.
For starting in shooting how about an air rifle (not a BB gun)?

If you want it let me know crohnos01 illI have to get everything boxed up and make up some direction on how to work it and adjust the shooting range and how to use the loader air soft guns have what's called a hop up on them that makes the bb spin so it goes far or short it's kinda hard to explain but I could include some directions with it lol you caught me in a good mood so let me know and I can have it in the mail on Tuesday or Wednesday for FREE it works I just shot 5 shots out my front door lol

Please insert some punctuation, just for me, if you like. After all, it IS my birthday today and as you know, English is not my first language. Here's some to sprinkle in to your next post -

Full stops ..................................

Commas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The occasional semi-colon ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

A colon, even ::::::::::::

An exclamation mark !!!!!!!!!!!

A question mark ?????????????

A hyphen -----------

Go on, give it a try - you might even like the result!

tac

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR