JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remington Model 12

. IMG_7715.JPG IMG_7716.JPG IMG_7717.JPG

Cold bluing!:eek:

Didn't you take some kind of oath to do no harm? :D

:p
not on stuff that isnt worth much. I cold blued a mosin and it turned out pretty good.
Oh no! Ruined History! too bad there weren't 200,000,000,000 of them made.

It's your rifle, do what you want. Plus I dont believe in selling guns, only buying them.

I agree. Leave it as is. Tell her the guns stories. Tell her about the dings and dents. Then give it to her and let her make her own.
You asked for opinions, that's mine. If you must refinish it, Velzey does a fine job, to be sure. But that gun will not look right (again, imho) with a matte bluing job. Have it polished up to 400 grit and polished.
I have had several customers ignore good advice to do this, and many have had me redo the job with the polish instead of the blast. And they paid twice. Some guns just don't look right with a bead blast and hot blue. They need to be properly polished.

Looks like my model 12 Passed down from grandfather to father to me. A12.jpg
I'd work a little love in it with a rag, oil, maybe some steel wool then wax and leave it with that.
Albeit not the opine you were looking for I couldn't resist. Frankly not the best shooter I have had but still fun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top