JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in SW Portland near Capital HWY and Barbur (exit 295 off I5) very easy to get to.

I recently inherited some reloading gear from my father and I have all the supplies and tools but I have no clue what I am doing. I would be willing to pay someone to come over and teach me how to use my equipment.
I have powder, primers etc.... but I will need to pick up some bullets and brass. I have a Lee Turret style press. If someone is interested please let me know and how much you would want for up to a few hours of your time and when you would be available.

Thanks
Nick

I live in SW Portland near Capital HWY and Barbur (exit 295 off I5) very easy to get to.

I recently inherited some reloading gear from my father and I have all the supplies and tools but I have no clue what I am doing. I would be willing to pay someone to come over and teach me how to use my equipment.
I have powder, primers etc.... but I will need to pick up some bullets and brass. I have a Lee Turret style press. If someone is interested please let me know and how much you would want for up to a few hours of your time and when you would be available.

Thanks
Nick

Nick,

don't get me wrong as I encourage you to reload... but I would recommend you spend a few hours watching some videos on youtube and then reading up on reloading concepts and principles.

the lee turret is a good press to work with, but reloading is very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. an incorrectly charged round can explode and damage your gun and limbs...

if may be best if you find somebody who reloads and watch them do so for a few hours, then once you have the concepts, find somebody to help you setup or do it yourself from youtube videos.]

The Load Master Zone - reloading with Lee presses - videos and forums

there is a link in the bottom on the turret press.

good luck..

Youtube is great, but I wouldn't rely on it. I'm having my 70 year old uncle teach me reloading. Half the fun is learning from an old timer. They have a wealth of knowledge, and you get some real man-cave time.

Pick up a good reloading manual and read first. I got two, Speer and Lyman. They both cover basic reloading theory. Then when you have questions, and you will, it's good to have some hands on with someone.

JohnH on the forums here teaches a reloading class for pretty cheap and you leave with 50 rounds of ammo that you loaded by hand. He also has lots of good handout documentation provided with the class and can answer all the questions you'd rather not learn the hard way.

Shoot him a message and see if/when he has his next class scheduled.

JohnH on the forums here teaches a reloading class for pretty cheap and you leave with 50 rounds of ammo that you loaded by hand. He also has lots of good handout documentation provided with the class and can answer all the questions you'd rather not learn the hard way.

Shoot him a message and see if/when he has his next class scheduled.

+1 for JohnH, he's a good guy.

Maybe give Johnson Creek Gun Club a call. I shoot there and noticed sometimes there are reloading classes being held in the adjacent trailer sometimes. Not sure who it is that puts them on but it might be worthwhile. Hope that helps.

I learned from books (pre-internet days), a few good books and I did well so far. No kabooms and only one opps I can recall.

have a good scale for weighing powder, and wear safety glasses, I had a bullet a bit sideways once and a piece of copper was shaved off and sprung out hitting me in the cheek.

Get a "sizing mic" you buy one for each caliber you reload, place your loaded bullet in to make sure it is up to "spec." I learned the hard way on this, as a live round jammed in my pistol. Only problem I have had, an old guy told me about the sizing mic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top