JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought a really nice colt 6940 as a police trade in. But they chopped the barrel to 10". So I bought a new 16" 6940 barrel to swap it. And the special barrel nut tool. But the folding gasblock needs to be swapped onto it. With everywhere closed right now, I was wondering if anybody in the Puyallup/Spanaway area could help me out? I don't have the tools to do this unfortunately. Appreciate any help or guidance.

+1
If you don't have the tools, the implied message is this is not something you are familiar with (i.e. you don't wrench on things).
It's an easy one to FUBAR, badly. Since you are in Puyallup, recommend you find a local resource and wait.

It's beyond that, I have a Pelican 1660 full of AR specific tools and I wouldn't do it. Installing an FSB to a new barrel requires a very specific and often very expensive jig to do the job right.

So I bought a really nice colt 6940 as a police trade in. But they chopped the barrel to 10". So I bought a new 16" 6940 barrel to swap it. And the special barrel nut tool. But the folding gasblock needs to be swapped onto it. With everywhere closed right now, I was wondering if anybody in the Puyallup/Spanaway area could help me out? I don't have the tools to do this unfortunately. Appreciate any help or guidance.
As stated, it's a specialized operation to do what you want.
Rainier Arms in Auburn can do this work, but they could be shut down.

Is this "folding gasblock" worth saving ?
Why did you buy a 6940 barrel ?
Does the new barrel have an FSB (A-frame) on it ?

The gasblock is definitely worth saving. I bought a 6940 barrel because standard AR barrels do not work with colts monolithic rail upper. I'll just wait and send it in to somebody like Rainier

It's beyond that, I have a Pelican 1660 full of AR specific tools and I wouldn't do it. Installing an FSB to a new barrel requires a very specific and often very expensive jig to do the job right.
Not to Hijack the thread, @titsonritz , completely agree. I was not even thinking about sight alignment -- I was just thinking of fubar'd stuff I've seen when people tried to pin them in place -- not just on rifles. The telltale sign is the tracks of the drill bit wandering across a curved surface, keyways that have been hammered on, etc.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top