JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, so basically I am needing some help here. I have a rather awkward job of doing whatever my boss asks, he never asks for anything over the top or anything bad, it is just well you know things you would never expect. So basically he is obsessed with building a firearms library. I am looking for magazines and newsletters that may have never hit a national scale. Even if you don't have any in your possession, if you know names of the organizations that had these newsletters or the names of the magazines it would help me out tremendously. There are an insane number of items out there and I am trying to get as much as I can. Any assistance would be helpful.

For example I came across a libertarian gun review called the Gun *** Manifesto that appeared to only be released in LA, and some other things that seemed to be regional as opposed to national. If you could just give me names and areas of these magazines I might be able to pick up a lot more items that will impress my boss man.

That's what forums like this are for now a days. You aren't going to find as much printed material as electronic. It would probably be easier to surf for the articles of interest and run them off on your printer.

That's what forums like this are for now a days. You aren't going to find as much printed material as electronic. It would probably be easier to surf for the articles of interest and run them off on your printer.

Well it helps if you know the name of a magazine or article it is in. That is why I am more like "Are there any local publications you guys and give me the names on?" I understand how to search online, the problem is that since I am in Texas if I put in the search "local gun publications" google tends to go off of my location based on IP. That is the brunt of it. Hoping some of the fine folk on this forum can take pity and throw me a few names.

For books you might try looking on abe.com the largest used book store clearing house in the world you can search thousands of books stores all at one time. You do your transaction through ABE BOOKS (like buying from someone who sells on Amazon.com)

You can do key word or even subject seaches. Some periodicals would also be listed.

For books you might try looking on abe.com the largest used book store clearing house in the world you can search thousands of books stores all at one time. You do your transaction through ABE BOOKS (like buying from someone who sells on Amazon.com)

You can do key word or even subject seaches. Some periodicals would also be listed.

Well I can type in the keywords, the issue is that several magazines and newsletters won't be getting sold that way. I already have over 25,000 books on the subjects of firearms, shotguns, rifles, pistols, revovlers, handloading, reloading, bullet casting, marksmanship, muzzle loading, black powder, pepperbox, breech loading, etc.. I am starting to look for regional and local publications. In an example, my parents used to be part of the Bryan Bantam Association. They had monthly newsletters and such, the thing is, this was a group that was in Bryan County Oklahoma, and died off in the early to mid 90s. I know there are many groups across the country like this, gun clubs and such, but without knowing their names they are kind of hard to find. I am not from the North West, seeing as I am in Texas. So basically if you know of any groups similar to my mention above (current or defunct) for firearms and gun sports I would be happy to know about them. Several of these groups tend to be low key as they are not of national fame, so that is why I am asking the forum for help.

The problem is I can search by keyword all day long, but if it isn't listed then it doesn't help. The few localized items I have found have all been through ebay with someone just putting it up without knowing what it was.

Actually I am looking for the printed. I was making a comment to one of my coworkers that we are going to have to explain what books were to future generations in our lifetime. It actually got me thinking about the main character in 1984 as well. His job was to change literature, to make it where "the Party" and Big Brother created everything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top