JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're right, anyone who counsels buying a new rifle is always right, BUT…

If anything, I'm trying to go the other way on my rifle inventory. Heresy, I know, but after losing my dad 4 years ago I realized how little I really need. If I have rifles that I haven't fired in years, why keep them? There's some guy out there who would shoot the heck out of my safe queens.

And before you say shoot more, I already do, just with different loads.

P
You make good points. Ones that weren't realized at the beginning of the thread. I lost my dad 3 1/3 years ago and ended up with his collection. I did sell off some of his guns, but only the new modern ones he either hadn't fired or barely fired and I had no interest in (Shield EZ as example). Anything that had any type of history to it was kept. But alas, my safe is bursting at the seams. I get it for sure.

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis? Pushin' 'em faster won't make them spin at a faster rate, they'll still only do 1 rotation every 10 inches, they'll just cover that 10" a little quicker.
Actually a higher velocity does slightly increase bullet RPMs, and that's what stabilizes the bullet . I think it would take a BIG jump in FPS to gain enough RPMs to stabilize the long bullets, but if the loads being used aren't quite max, it might have a positive effect. "Might" is the key word.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top