JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a friend that is going to be charged with a gun related felony. He didn't really commit a crime, just chased a dude off his property.

I don't know any attorneys in Oregon. Does someone know of a good lawyer?

and no, I am not the one needing a lawyer.

I can't vouch for any of these guys. I came across a post on this forum a while back that listed these folks as being firearms friendly. I have no clue if they are good or bad. I saved the names in case I ever found myself in your friends position.

Sorry about your friends troubles.

These guys are in Oregon, unsure if they practice here in the evergreen state...

Jason G. Short
503-747-7198 / [email protected]
Portland Criminal Defense Attorneys

Laurence Erickson Walker
503-224-5468 / [email protected]
Gordon & Rees LLP

Debbe von Blumenstein
503-831-1550 / [email protected]
debbevonblumenstein.net

James E. Leuenberger
503-542-7433 / [email protected]
Fights 4 Rights - James Leuenberger - Portland Oregon

NOT Jim Leuenberger. No, NOT him. The guy is a flaky nutcase. Please find a better lawyer. He's been sanctioned by the courts, including once for refusing to pay any fees except in gold or silver. He's on your side, but the judge won't be once he sees who is representing you.

NOT Jim Leuenberger. No, NOT him. The guy is a flaky nutcase. Please find a better lawyer. He's been sanctioned by the courts, including once for refusing to pay any fees except in gold or silver. He's on your side, but the judge won't be once he sees who is representing you.

Lol.

Gold or Silver... I like this guy already. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4

Couldn't help but notice this on Lesh's website. Hello ridiculous laws and BS. Goodbye common sense!

Can I really get a DUII on a bicycle?

Yes. The criminal charge for DUII applies to anyone operating a "vehicle" in the State of Oregon (not just motor vehicles). Therefore, you can get a DUII on a bike, moped, motorized scooter, pocket bike, electric bicycle and even a Segway. The penalties for a DUII crime are the same whether you're in a motor vehicle or on a bike.

(credit to http://www.davidlesh.net/)

What was the defendant driving while being a tremendous threat to civilized society --- A Schwinn Varsity!!!

LOL, ahh what do you expect? The sheep will accept any and all of this BS.

Couldn't help but notice this on Lesh's website. Hello ridiculous laws and BS. Goodbye common sense!

Can I really get a DUII on a bicycle?

Yes. The criminal charge for DUII applies to anyone operating a "vehicle" in the State of Oregon (not just motor vehicles). Therefore, you can get a DUII on a bike, moped, motorized scooter, pocket bike, electric bicycle and even a Segway. The penalties for a DUII crime are the same whether you're in a motor vehicle or on a bike.

(credit to David Lesh | Portland Oregon Lawyer and Attorney at Law* |* Criminal and DUII Defense)

What was the defendant driving while being a tremendous threat to civilized society --- A Schwinn Varsity!!!

LOL, ahh what do you expect? The sheep will accept any and all of this BS.

Burt how would you like that drunk dude on the bike to swerve in front of you and your HUMMER driving the legal limit back from Chucky Cheeze and your daughters Birthday party?

Talk about a drunk messing up a life. You get to deal with Hippy brains all over the windshield and your daughters nightmares when daddy killed the man on the BIKE. And police and the coalition for bike riders and the hippies family on the news and the civil case against you having a vehicle 8" wider then a normal car.

I got no problem with them ticketing drunk SOBs on a bike scooter or lawn mower.

Actually, I believe a bicycle and rider are considered a class of motor vehicle that have to observe the same traffic rules automobiles do. You can get ticketed for blowing through a stop light/sign even if there isn't traffic @ the intersection.

Actually, I believe a bicycle and rider are considered a class of motor vehicle that have to observe the same traffic rules automobiles do. You can get ticketed for blowing through a stop light/sign even if there isn't traffic @ the intersection.
For most things they are treated like an automobile. They can still talk on cell phones and are excluded from some roads while having access to areas motor vehicles don't. There may be other differences.

The town of Amity, OR made a lot of money off a bicycle rally a few years ago. They set up at a stop sign on the rally route and ticketed the elitist cyclers as they blew through the intersection without stopping. Imagine the outrage of these PC-types!

Made me feel good! :D

Soon it will be a DUI to walk while drunk. If a drunk on a bicycle is a threat to society so is a walking drunk. Fricking ridiculous.....

Sorry to break your heart but they already hAd that law. Something like drunk in public or misconduct in public. The thing is that the law dont affect the homeless, they oy enforce on the good citizens :) i saw all the homeless walk, sleep, riding stolen bike on the street DRUNK. All the cops ignored them, they only after people that carry ID.

Sorry to break your heart but they already hAd that law. Something like drunk in public or misconduct in public. The thing is that the law dont affect the homeless, they oy enforce on the good citizens :) i saw all the homeless walk, sleep, riding stolen bike on the street DRUNK. All the cops ignored them, they only after people that carry ID.

And can/will pay fines.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads