JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Didn't see anything current, so thought I'd ask.

Saw Mas Ayoob on WC Channel,
, and if you can get past his toupee, he seems to have some good advice.

One really needs an attorney who understands an 'affirmative defense'; that means you admit you did the action, but it was legally justifiable. He suggests the best criminal defense attorney is not accustomed to working that angle, and offers the idea that a good candidate to investigate would be an attorney or firm that represents the police and sheriffs in your area.

It's Sunday, so I can't really check with Lane County today - LCLEBA seems one place, as does Oregon FOP.

In your city/county, who is an attorney or firm to contact for a self-defense case?

When I worked at a courthouse I asked who I should use and most said, "I don't know, call the Bar Association". When I rephrased it a little and asked " If you had a relative who needed a lawyer, Who would you use?" most came up with a name. as a matter of fact two names came up often. Both were people I knew. DR

My wife just attended Mas's MAG 40 3 day class at FAS in WA the weekend before last. She was extremely impressed and said she thinks every gun owner should attend it.

If you are ever in a SD situation and end up in court, he'll offer up his courtroom experience and expertise on your behalf.

There are also the various CHL/SD insurance companies that take care of providing you with an attorney should the need ever arise.

Their radio commercials (DUII) can be heard fairly regularly. They have flyer's at TCGC promoting/advertising 2A defense, etc.

I would contact William Kirk of Washington Gun Law, even though he's in Washington, they generally know others in the industry that are well versed in use of force issues.

As a side note, US Law Shield uses him as their Washington State legal rep.

I would contact William Kirk of Washington Gun Law, even though he's in Washington, they generally know others in the industry that are well versed in use of force issues.

As a side note, US Law Shield uses him as their Washington State legal rep.
Went with ACLDN because they have affiliates local to us, where US Law Shield didn't. Obviously, never want to have to use one.

Oh there are USLawshield affiliate attorneys in Oregon (IIRC), just none near us.
Hopefully they travel to your location should something happen, as that's what the monthly payment covers...if they don't, I'd look elsewhere.

William Kirk, who covers Washington is 4-5hrs from me...anyone on the Eastside of the state will get their money's worth should they get involved in an incident...as attorney travel time is spendy, and it's all covered in the monthly payments.

Glad you found a suitable company...peace of mind is everything.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top