JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read this in our local newspaper this morning. So, I guess this speaks to the point we've read here about "this law has never yet been prosecuted," several times stated on NWFA. Now we know for sure it is being enforced. The article and this video verify that enforcement action is taking place. The AG's agents found two offenders out of 25 and the prosecution of one is mentioned. I wonder what disposition was made of the other offender?

As to what William Kirk opines, not being a lawyer I can only speculate, "maybe, maybe." Too many weird rabbits can be pulled out of a hat when it comes to gun legislation and the courts.

I bought a rifle from Federal Way Discount Guns in 2017. It's not a hole-in-the-wall store and they've got their own indoor range, as I recall. I'm surprised a business of this size would flaunt the law, however disagreeable. Refusing to give receipts doesn't make their case look any better. Maybe it was just a matter of dollars and sense and they were selling off stock they got stuck with? Maybe I'm being generous there. In that scenario, they could've sold them online, out of state.

Re. that business about withholding a sales receipt. That might "work" if the business were selling to a private individual, who if questioned could only provide a verbal statement as to where he got the mag. That doesn't work when the business is selling directly to an undercover agent.

I read this in our local newspaper this morning. So, I guess this speaks to the point we've read here about "this law has never yet been prosecuted," several times stated on NWFA. Now we know for sure it is being enforced. The article and this video verify that enforcement action is taking place. The AG's agents found two offenders out of 25 and the prosecution of one is mentioned. I wonder what disposition was made of the other offender?

As to what William Kirk opines, not being a lawyer I can only speculate, "maybe, maybe." Too many weird rabbits can be pulled out of a hat when it comes to gun legislation and the courts.

I bought a rifle from Federal Way Discount Guns in 2017. It's not a hole-in-the-wall store and they've got their own indoor range, as I recall. I'm surprised a business of this size would flaunt the law, however disagreeable. Refusing to give receipts doesn't make their case look any better. Maybe it was just a matter of dollars and sense and they were selling off stock they got stuck with? Maybe I'm being generous there. In that scenario, they could've sold them online, out of state.

Re. that business about withholding a sales receipt. That might "work" if the business were selling to a private individual, who if questioned could only provide a verbal statement as to where he got the mag. That doesn't work when the business is selling directly to an undercover agent.
Its BS, Moe would not jeopardize his business nor his family's legacy just to sell some stupid magazines. He is being targeted because he is a volume seller and that is the last thing that the anti's want and the more shops and dealers that they can shut down the better in their opinion. No different than the feds revoking FFL licenses over minute mistakes. This is an organized, concerted attempt to make it next to impossible for people to buy guns, ammo and firearm related items plain and simple.

Its BS, Moe would not jeopardize his business nor his family's legacy just to sell some stupid magazines.
You're saying the AG's office faked the charges? If so, I guess Moe will have a chance to prove it in court.

Or maybe employee's made the sales without knowledge of the owner?

Are you kidding me?
Zealots will do anything if they think their cause is a righteous one.
Look how many judges are going against the Bruen ruling and how many politicians are knowingly and willingly going against their oath of office to push forward there anti-gun agenda.

You may be right, but it taxes the imagination that the AG's office would do something so blatant that involves a number of potential witnesses, including their own people. Time will tell.

I agree, you would like to think that our elected officials are of the most sincerity and honesty but in today's day and age of massive partisanship and the extremes that we see coming from the far left in regard to so many issues one has to think that they are willing to do whatever it takes to fulfill their desires in regard to guns.

The store was an easy target. I wonder if they were trying to get busted in order to force the issue and get standing for the lawsuit.
ALSO How is the Turd going to sue them for every magazine in the store? If those magazines haven't been sold/transferred, what crime has been committed?
"Gosh, your honor. Those magazines are only on display to remind our law abiding customers just how badly their rights are being impaired."

I still defy anyone to show me a case in any state with magazine restrictions where a regular citizen has been busted for "Hicap" magazine possession without them having first done something stupid like driving drunk or selling the magazines out of the back of their car, while drunk, in a grade school parking lot, while smoking a joint. This store sold those magazines to make a statement. I wish them the best of luck in the court.

ps Does anyone else find it ironic when the newspapers shrieked to high heaven about the Donald saying throw out parts of the Constitution while Turd Ferguson can do it daily without a peep from the press?

Last Edited:
You're saying the AG's office faked the charges? If so, I guess Moe will have a chance to prove it in court.

Or maybe employee's made the sales without knowledge of the owner?
That would be a laugh
"Gosh, your honor, I had no idea this was going on. I guess I'll have to have a training day to educate them on these new unconstitutional laws."

Or The employees were pocketing the money from the sale and the "receipt" they were tearing up came off an adding machine, not the register.

It typically takes a victim of unconstitutional laws to make it relevant to higher court challenges and decisions.

When government oversteps its authority, generally "law abiding" people start to disregard the law.

I still defy anyone to show me a case in any state with magazine restrictions where a regular citizen has been busted for "Hicap" magazine possession without them having first done something stupid like driving drunk or selling the magazines out of the back of their car, while drunk, in a grade school parking lot, while smoking a join
This is the reality of the situation. It's dang near impossible to police an entire population re. illegal magazines. Mainly, it will be used to burn sellers or as an add-on offense. My view, the law in Wash. was a compromise, the Dems never figured on an outright ban. It was enough, for the moment, for them to kill sales of new mags. Set aside the court case about mags in Calif. for the sake of argument. They could never expect to round up all the illegal mags in one generation. Their ban did end sales and will be effective as an add-on offense as it will be in Wash. But the Calif. state legislature was less practical in that they included an outright ban. I really don't see them sending agents out on house-to-house searches.

A full large cap mag ban seems so pointless to me. Banning them outright is comparable to suicide being illegal. If a person is going to do it, no law is going to prevent them from it.

I still have a couple of AR's. I have but don't believe I've ever used a 30 round mag. I use 20 round mags, they are just about the right physical size. It's rare that I load them with a full 20 rounds, normally, I load them up with only 10 rounds when I'm shooting recreationally.

This is the reality of the situation. It's dang near impossible to police an entire population re. illegal magazines. Mainly, it will be used to burn sellers or as an add-on offense. My view, the law in Wash. was a compromise, the Dems never figured on an outright ban. It was enough, for the moment, for them to kill sales of new mags. Set aside the court case about mags in Calif. for the sake of argument. They could never expect to round up all the illegal mags in one generation. Their ban did end sales and will be effective as an add-on offense as it will be in Wash. But the Calif. state legislature was less practical in that they included an outright ban. I really don't see them sending agents out on house-to-house searches.

A full large cap mag ban seems so pointless to me. Banning them outright is comparable to suicide being illegal. If a person is going to do it, no law is going to prevent them from it.

I still have a couple of AR's. I have but don't believe I've ever used a 30 round mag. I use 20 round mags, they are just about the right physical size. It's rare that I load them with a full 20 rounds, normally, I load them up with only 10 rounds when I'm shooting recreationally.
I'm with you on mag capacity. I like 20's and 10's also, but there are some guns that only sell hicaps I want. I wonder if Bob and Jay approve of the Fight lite SCR? I know they are going to turn us into CA. They give me that Tanker vibe....I like it. The lowers are over priced, but I'm going to do a BCA 450 Bushmaste on one.

dCxZJTj.jpg upload_2019-2-10_11-8-16.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top