JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Things are pretty intense, tempers are flaring, and blood pressures are climbing, that's why we all need to chill, step back, pop a bottle cap and chill out! This thread was supposed to be a place to de compress a bit, but there is some butt hurt going on here, and my advice is take it off line, hash it out privately and let things simmer down! No need to get riled up and take it out on other folks here!

I'm good brother. Just cracked open a cold one. No hard feelings here.
20180519_140246.jpg

Things are pretty intense, tempers are flaring, and blood pressures are climbing, that's why we all need to chill, step back, pop a bottle cap and chill out! This thread was supposed to be a place to de compress a bit, but there is some butt hurt going on here, and my advice is take it off line, hash it out privately and let things simmer down! No need to get riled up and take it out on other folks here!

Agreed, we are all feeling it to some extent. let's save the cranky for the anti's.

Let's also remember that this thread like everything on NWFA is in Joe's house so it's not a public space. If you're in my house and it's just us guys havin' a beer or such curse away, but if ladies and/or children are present (including on the other side of my fence if we are out on the patio) you need to mind your language. No different here - Joe sets the rules in his house and even we paying members are guests. As guests let's act like such and behave.

Since we're talking about the important things, I made a pair of these last weekend...

CBD628BE-EA1D-4D80-8863-8C415DBA569B.jpeg

Oak grip panels for my Ruger SP101... I need to find a stain that comes out red on them, the one I bought came out brown on a tester. The only power tools I used was a drill and a dye grinder.

Edit; WHAT THE BUBBLEGUM DID I JUST READ! Also, I edited that because it's more amusing to say bubblegum than some other words.
I'm drinking Kokanee and Jim Beam... just like when I made those grip panels. I may drink a Buoy IPA next.

Last Edited:
Funny how easy it is to miss out on interesting threads such as this one - just too many topics on this forum to keep on top of them all.

Regarding the discussion of censorship on NWFA, I find those accusations, which are made by various members from time to time, really unfounded. I've been on this site for 5 years and have participated in a lot of discussions on a lot of topics. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually had a post removed or edited because it was in violation of a rule of the site. But I didn't consider that censorship - I agreed to the T&C's of this site when I signed up. If I don't follow the house rules, I think they have every right to edit or modify as needed.

I don't get arguing about the first amendment while ignoring the fifth - which covers private property rights. I think anyone that owns a home or land would agree - you have rules of conduct on your property. And I'm sure, if you work for anyone, your employer similarly has rules of conduct. I know for a fact I can't walk into my office screaming obscenities and not expect to get severely disciplined or fired for it. And if someone comes into my home, I expect their conduct to fit within the standards I have in my home, just as I would do likewise in their home. It's a sign of respect for the rights of the other person - of their property, of their business, etc. And NWFA is just that, a business. Joe set this site up for us to have a lot of discussion on the 2nd amendment as well as other topics. He wants it to be, generally, family friendly. When certain words or topics cross the line from family friendly to locker room talk, then he's well within his rights to edit or modify as needed, same for the mods he puts in place to act on his behalf. Is that really 'censorship'? Hardly. It's propriety. It's respect for the property (business) of another. We've been invited here, as guests, not to change how the place runs. If someone wants it done differently, then by all means, start a new site. That's the great thing about our country - if a business doesn't meet your needs or expectations, you can either go to another business or start your own. No bad feelings, just free market capitalism.

So I don't see the need to be upset if the forum upholds the rules we all agreed to when we joined. I don't see the need to attack the site for doing just that. I know I would be offended if someone came into my home and told me they weren't going to follow the rules of my house. In fact, I'd probably be a bit upset, particularly if they wanted to start dropping foul language in front of my daughter. There are kids, under 18, that may not necessarily be members here, but may be reading over their parent's shoulder from time to time (as my daughter sometimes does). Is it really asking too much to keep some things in line for Joe's 'family friendly' atmosphere? Joe has made provision for those times we need to let loose a bit more, but the rest of the site should be a bit more open and friendly.

Hopefully folks won't get so upset they feel the need to leave, I would just remind anyone that's bothered by these things that we're all guests in Joe's house, and it's really not too much to ask to follow the rules of his house. This post isn't aimed at any one member in particular, because this topic comes up regularly, so I am addressing it to anyone with such concerns.

I get it, if it only happens every now and then,
Than it doesn't happen at all

:s0013:

That "Johnny" thread didn't violate t&c but was still scrubbed "for the sake of the OP".

Last Edited:
Dude, ya gotta let it go man! That thread crossed the line in many ways, let's just not go there!
Instead, let's think about all the very generous members who donated time and monies to a cause, not out of the need to help in the traditional sense, but to help lesson a serious problem!

And let's not go off on the Mod Squad here, we have it really good here, Joe and crew ( all volunteers BTW) generally let things fly that lesser sights would smash with out a single thought, and that's not what it's about here. Kruejl, Andy, Country, Spray, Dead, and FD all do a wonderful and seamless job, and you have to admit, there are some bubblegummers here that need lots of moderatin! Let's not loose focus on what this sight is all about, and let's all remember why were all here, because that's the most important of reasons! So, sit back, pop a bottle cap and enjoy, read some threads, laugh at some goofy humor, take some crap out of context and smile a big smile, life is too short to take things that serious!
Lest save serious for the fights in Salem comming up!
That's all, carry on! :)

I think we have it really good here too.
That's why I'm still here after 10yrs.
And I understand sometimes people share too much information, that maybe they shouldn't.

Ha, I'm not at all mad or frustrated.

Just trying to explain

Bubblegum=censored

Others obviously don't agree

bubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegum. Hehehe.

Taking a break , means we focus on other things. I have to say this thread is one of the top off topics Ive seen in awhile.

Those thinking its censorship let me ask, can a kid stand up in 1st grade and say F-you teacher?
Is it freedom of speech? Censorship, 1st Amendment rights violation? Or a Rule ?
You only have most rights based solely within a public domain, NWFA, FB and a host of others are not public domain.
I actually was kinda offended at the over the top analogy of how censoring here suppressing free thought.
You want free thought open your own site and allow bubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegum all you want.
I own a few webs sites, its my playground and that how it goes this is Joe Links house and play ground we are given permission use it based on how he chose to do so, some one comes in your house they can leave or be asked to leave but its their house their rules, not censorship.

And this is why taking breaks are good because of all this bubblegum bubblegum that happens :)

And to this I say bubblegum have a nice day ;)

Last Edited:
bubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegumbubblegum. Hehehe.

@DuneHopper last spotted trapped in an enormous pink bubble floating high over the Cascades and gaining altitude...

I needed a break after the Vegas/Florida shootings. It just sucked to see so much hatered towards a firearm platform that I have enjoyed so much. But in the end mental people wanting to kill will do so if they have an AR15 or not. Other countries with strict gun laws people are getting acid thrown in their face or using vehicals to kill. They will find a way.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top