JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Forget to shut off the battery charger before removing the clamps?
I stopped to get something to drink on my way back home, and when I tried to start the truck, I just got a click click.

I got out the voltmeter to check the battery - I was wiggling the battery terminal with the key on and the door open (dome light on). It turned out that the battery terminal connection inside the battery case was broken, and when I wiggled the terminal there was a spark inside the battery and the hydrogen gas exploded. Fortunately I had my face turn to the side looking at the voltmeter and I got sprayed such that it wasn't completely directly in my eyes.

I stopped to get something to drink on my way back home, and when I tried to start the truck, I just got a click click.

I got out the voltmeter to check the battery - I was wiggling the battery terminal with the key on and the door open (dome light on). It turned out that the battery terminal connection inside the battery case was broken, and when I wiggled the terminal there was a spark inside the battery and the hydrogen gas exploded. Fortunately I had my face turn to the side looking at the voltmeter and I got sprayed such that it wasn't completely directly in my eyes.
Nd9GcTIP1YqFclSz_Y_-hH_CTvGRgbFlQunwv_59A&usqp=CAU.jpg

I have had lithium batteries catch fire, and one swelled up to almost 1/3 bigger, none exploded, but the fires were pretty crazy! That's why you have a battery bunker or a charge bag! The Li-Ion batteries don't have the issues, but still need care when charging!
I just switched to all Graphene, and that's about as good as it gets!

Yikes thats a rare one! Most of the time it's because the caps are off and the charger still on when someone removes the clamps.
It was a 4x4 with a poor suspension (I did a conversion on a Datsun PU) and I suspect that the terminal broke due to vibration.

The "explosion" blew the top off the battery enough to get acid all over me. I ran inside the store to hit the head and splash water over me. My clothes were ruined. I walked a few miles and then got a ride home. Then my dad drove back to the store with me and a replacement battery.

I am thinking the mask and the suit will be something I store at my kids house.

My daughter has asthma and other issues, and being they live on the edge of suburbia, and works in town, and I live 20 miles away on a mountain and am retired (rarely go into town), I think it is more likely that there would be a chemical/etc. spill/accident/etc. close to them than close to me, and that this would then provide her with protection that I probably don't need.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top