JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know Botach is gtg but unsure about their brand of face mask. There's no other data and it's made in China. I've got a homemade mask and one 3M 1860 mask but I'm looking at something long term as I'm sure what I have won't last me forever and the need to clean and sanitize the homemade one. What do you guys think?

You kinda nailed it. No other data on them is available. Doesn't instill much confidence and I doubt anyone here at NWFA could offer any more feedback on how effective they are.

Lots of masks being sold out there, and lots of them offer the protection level of a torn condom.

Sell out fast but good quality and American made.

For some people and for some situations, wearing a facemask is merely about ticking a box. Wearing a mask? Yes.

If it is about actually being safe, then wear an N95 mask or the equivalent.

Is it comfy? Cheap? Available? Then get them. Effective for actual viral protection? Probably not.

Lots of masks being sold out there, and lots of them offer the protection level of a torn condom.
But if the main reason for wearing them in public is to look like you're with the program and don't want to huff and puff in a "real" mask, then their efficacy isn't an issue.

For most folks, catching the Rona ain't gonna be anything bad, where making a baby or catching herpes would be a major problem!

For some people and for some situations, wearing a facemask is merely about ticking a box. Wearing a mask? Yes.

If it is about actually being safe, then wear an N95 mask or the equivalent.

Is it comfy? Cheap? Available? Then get them. Effective for actual viral protection? Probably not.
A little bit of both. I anticipate that once everything reopens some stores will require some type of face cover like what Costco has already implemented. Just need to plan ahead and stock up on some until this blows over.

I saw someone with a crocheted face mask. Comfy, yes. Fulfilling a requirement, maybe. But do you really think she thought she was accomplishing anything? I mean, what a dufus! But she was chillin....

I wear one to be left the F alone.

Usually have my kid with me. I get attention solely for being an adult male with a young child.

A female with a young kid gets absolutely zero attention.

A mom with a young kid with no mask also gets ignored.

Something about being a dad with no mask is the equivalent of having a siren and flashing lights on your head.

I just want to blend in and not have any attention drawn to me or my kid for any reason.

If you like to stand out in crowds, by all means, you do you.

Make sure whatever you choose, you wear it while driving alone. Or in your home. Or walking down the street. :rolleyes:

I wear one to be left the F alone.

Usually have my kid with me. I get attention solely for being an adult male with a young child.

A female with a young kid gets absolutely zero attention.

A mom with a young kid with no mask also gets ignored.

Something about being a dad with no mask is the equivalent of having a siren and flashing lights on your head.

I just want to blend in and not have any attention drawn to me or my kid for any reason.

If you like to stand out in crowds, by all means, you do you.
This is also another reason. Lately I've been getting "looks" if I don't have my face mask. I have yet to take any of my kids to any store since March and this can't be avoided in the near future. You said it best "to blend in and left the f alone".

This is also another reason. Lately I've been getting "looks" if I don't have my face mask. I have yet to take any of my kids to any store since March and this can't be avoided in the near future. You said it best "to blend in and left the f alone".
Pretty much the only reason to wear one in my opinion. That and some places are actually starting to require them to enter their store.

I've seen enough stupid stuff online, folks getting run over or tackled for not wearing masks. I rather not be on the other end of some dumb arse and his or her rampage.

Blend in, and get the F out.

On another note, thinking about Trikinis never hurts.

1589315030243.jpeg

I have gotten some from both of these companies, just to have on hand. -

Like someone said - checks the box. I also have a 3m half face mask with P100s, and some N95 if it actually gets bad :) I actually prefer to just avoid people.

Pretty much the only reason to wear one in my opinion. That and some places are actually starting to require them to enter their store.

I've seen enough stupid stuff online, folks getting run over or tackled for not wearing masks. I rather not be on the other end of some dumb arse and his or her rampage.

Blend in, and get the F out.

On another note, thinking about Trikinis never hurts.

View attachment 695670

She's wearing my next mask. You can see it....right there.....below her belly button. It's blue.

I've been to the store a couple times a week with my kids and never noticed any condescending looks, but I do steer clear of people, give a wide birth whether they are masked or not. I see many people not wearing them and many that are. I would say its 50-50 or even less than 50 wearing masks.

This bears repeating.... If you can smell a fart through thick jeans and underwear, these masks are about just as effective.
Ya..... But.....

You can shart your pants and if you reach around, likely you'll not get poop on your hands! It contains it....

;)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR