JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's a HUGE multitude of Pro-masks to choose from. Your best bet is to go with a model that will use 40mm threaded screw-in NATO filter canisters, and also allows you to shoot a long gun while wearing it.

I have the Honeywell 7600 (listed in the review link) through my employer and have worked in hazardous environments for multiple hours while wearing it. It works very nicely.

Last Edited:
the 3M full face are nice and you can buy 3M bayonet to 40mm adapters so you can use 40mm filters on them too. I wear glasses, so I have a 3M half mask with adapters and OTG goggles that put a good seal around my eyes. I have full face version as well - I had an old pair of prescription glasses and I rigged them into the mask with a glasses insert I found on epay.

Any decent masks that don't cost an arm or leg? Or it's probably one of those things you just suck it up and put the money down on.
all the good ones are expensive. I keep an eye on ebay - there was guy liquidating a stock of SEA Group full face respirators for $100. I snagged one. Very nice high end units, take 40mm filters.

Mira Safety CM-7M. Don't have one yet myself, but hope to in the foreseeable future. I've seen the price drop on this one to $150 during certain holidays and promotions, so be patient and you may be able to score a deal. Keep in mind that whatever you get, you need to be able to shoulder and shoot a rifle while wearing it!

PPE selection should be based upon the perceived threat followed by proper fit. What are you trying to prepare for?

There are some general purpose cartridges that can be stacked to create a broader spectrum of protection but they're still limited. An R-100 on top of an Organic Vapor/Acid Gas creates a pretty good mix.

Once the Acid/Gas cartridges are opened they immediately begin degrading and absorbing and adsorbing materials out of the air. The particulate filters work like a coffee filter: when it's plugged there's increased resistance and they should be replaced.

Additionally, most don't consider the rest of the person and creating safe zones with a proper decontamination corridor. Decon is, again , based on the threat. What's your primary concern?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top