JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He is from Tennessee ... Maybe he is related to Sgt. York?...:D
In any case , keeping a cool head , doing what had to be done and luck all seem to be in play here.
Glad to hear that all of the above worked in the good guy's favor...
Andy

A gunfighter? A shoot-out? really?
I see a well trained citizen bravely defeating 3 armed thugs by exercising his constitutional right to carry, and using some well honed skills to defend himself and others.
Can't the media report a self-defense shooting without using some old west cliché?
This armed, skilled citizen deserves better than being typecast as a character in a spaghetti western.

Probably an USPSA or IDPA competition shooter. Or has been down range at some point in life.

Or both !
Was Rob Leathem shopping for tennis shoes?

Last Edited:
I noticed the media labeled him a "gunfighter".
Well, I guess anything to get headlines, if you're desperate of course .
Why didn't they just say " citizen stops armed robbery"?
Oh.....wait. That just does not sound exciting enough.
Sorry. I'm new at this............:(

Why didn't they just say " citizen stops armed robbery"?

Refer to post #6... "Citizen stops armed robbery" doesn't fit with the agenda dialogue. And smacks too much of NRA/ILA "The Armed Citizen" column.

BTW for those just joining this channel, the "gunfighter" according to the 2nd link provided, disarmed one of the bad guys and then proceeded to shoot the crap out of them with that weapon. HEHEHEHEHee!!! Take no prisoners!

Last Edited:
A gunfighter? A shoot-out? really?
I see a well trained citizen bravely defeating 3 armed thugs by exercising his constitutional right to carry, and using some well honed skills to defend himself and others.
Can't the media report a self-defense shooting without using some old west cliché?
This armed, skilled citizen deserves better than being typecast as a character in a spaghetti western.

It's our side (Bearing Arms) that's labeling him a "gunfighter", none of the other media reports use that term. Yeah, that the ticket, let's add a little more fuel for the anti's to use against us.

FWIW, I think we're going to find out this wasn't so much of a robbery as it was gang related, as a couple of the stories state that "a small group were gathered inside the store hanging out, which is when another group of men came in and opened fire."

Ray

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR