JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can anyone put a dollar value on this should i sell it
That is a very difficult question to answer...
Your rifle while beautiful is not a true "Newton" made rifle and in a cartridge that is a hand load only...
Many folks also look down on sporters made from ex military rifles , no matter who made them or how nicely done they are...

As a Wild Azz Guess...I'd say somewhere between $300 and $500 if :
You could find a buyer...
The time of year you decide to sell...
Where you try to sell the rifle...
Andy

look on the right side of the barrel for laufstahl 3 with this and going by that stock.

My guess would be made by Voere from 47 to 87, in 1987 mauser bought voere, now known as voere austria.

I have a 1968 voere, by that time they did away with the Mauser safety, Then added there version, a slide style at the rear of the action

My GUESS, is it's an after market or civilian Mauser 98k on a manlicher stock, which were once popular for hunters in Europe.
Give me a cookie if i've solved the mystery!

That is a very difficult question to answer...
Your rifle while beautiful is not a true "Newton" made rifle and in a cartridge that is a hand load only...
Many folks also look down on sporters made from ex military rifles , no matter who made them or how nicely done they are...

As a Wild Azz Guess...I'd say somewhere between $300 and $500 if :
You could find a buyer...
The time of year you decide to sell...
Where you try to sell the rifle...
Andy
I think you are light by about 1/2 on the value Andy. I would put it + or - 1000.00 I watch this type rifle come and go every day on gun broker and gunsinternational. They are on my daily notification list. So, 800-1200. Everything is getting expensive. A new barrel can cost 600-800 today alone. If I wanted it, I would look into rechambering it to a more common caliber, that is a fairly inexpensive operation. This action would work with any standard length cartridge like 25-06 or 6.5X55 depending on the bore size. (Is it 257 or 264?).....I looked it up. From a cursory look, a 6.5X55 would be an ideal chambering for the rifle. The bullets are 264 and the original cartridge was developed by shortening an 06 case and necking it down.

Last Edited:
I talked to wayne york my smith in pendelton and he said 3006. Rebore and chamber would be 350.
I wouldn't rebore it, in the first place, the rebored barrels I have been around are not very accurate and all you need is a 100.00 rechamber. 6.5X55 is what I shoot deer with out of my Steyr, is is a great caliber superior to the Credmore that is so popular today. To rechamber it, you don't even need to pull the barrel, simply cut a new chamber into the barrel as it is.

Last Edited:
I m not sure i should mess with it. I may sell it and buy a 06 or another 308
The 6.5 is a superior long range caliber to either the 06 or 308 (that I own many off) the 6.5X55 rivals the velocity of a 7mm mag with higher sectional density bullets. It would be a great addition to the 308/06 rifles in your safe.

Ive had 3 re bore jobs done by him with great success. I had a bushmaster varminter that would not hold closer than 6 inches at 100 no matter what so wayne took it out to 6mm and it shoots sub 1/2moa with 90 gr noslers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top