JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This thread is to query n00bs about all things guns.. from the most general to the most arcane/nuanced specifics. And no google cheating.. or I'll know! I think it'll be a fun thread all around.
So I'll start.
Why did the old time US gangsters prefer their Tommy guns and 1911's to be chambered for .38 Super?

Because the round is pretty? Or they like that Tommy guy you speak of who had guns. What does 1911 have to do with guns? That is the police number with a 1 in front...They carry Glocks. I can tell you ALL about GLOCKS!!!!

This thread is to query n00bs about all things guns.. from the most general to the most arcane/nuanced specifics. And no google cheating.. or I'll know! I think it'll be a fun thread all around.
So I'll start.
Why did the old time US gangsters prefer their Tommy guns and 1911's to be chambered for .38 Super?

Because it's the only bullet that goes super fast.

Honestly, I had no idea that Gangsters preferred the .38 Super over the 45 acp. First time I have ever heard that. I guess it could be possible, but I was ignorant.

What is the standard depth penetration for a pistol caliber bullet to be classified as a defensive cartridge in ballistic gel?

What prompted the creation of the .40 S&W cartridge?

What does ACP mean?

What are the three major components in a standard primer?

Name at least one firearm that you can safely fire three (or more) different cartridges from without any modification.

S&W Governor and love that gun....So overkill but so much fun. 3 options for ammo and it is a bad bubblegum with acp.
I can kill a giant snake, then a Bear, then a Yeti. All with one gun and 3 different rounds.

What is the standard depth penetration for a pistol caliber bullet to be classified as a defensive cartridge in ballistic gel?

What prompted the creation of the .40 S&W cartridge?

What does ACP mean?

1. 16 inches? Or was it 19? Damn.

2. The .40 came about because 9mm failed spectacularly during a FBI shootout if I remember right.

3. Automatic colt pistol.

Your other two I have no idea. But anyway, gotta go rack the slide on my revolvers and load some clips for my AR(assault rifle for you noobs). Seeya.

1. 16 inches? Or was it 19? Damn.

2. The .40 came about because 9mm failed spectacularly during a FBI shootout if I remember right.

3. Automatic colt pistol.

Your other two I have no idea. But anyway, gotta go rack the slide on my revolvers and load some clips for my AR(assault rifle for you noobs). Seeya.

OK so define "assault rifle". Is my 10/22 with 25 round "clips" and a bullpup stock an assault rifle?

I laughed because I was sticking my revolver in my pocket to run an errand and saw "rack the slide" on revolvers. I kept trying but I think it is loaded without me racking it....Hope so since I am going to the old hood to get stuff out of storage. I hate Beaverton.

OK so define "assault rifle". Is my 10/22 with 25 round "clips" and a bullpup stock an assault rifle?

I laughed because I was sticking my revolver in my pocket to run an errand and saw "rack the slide" on revolvers. I kept trying but I think it is loaded without me racking it....Hope so since I am going to the old hood to get stuff out of storage. I hate Beaverton.

Yes, that is an assaulter rifle. It's only purpose is to do evil. Why do you have it?

Well you thought wrong. I'm glad I could assist you, racking your revolver slide helps when you have to do speed reloads with your high cap mags. Jeez.

Remember if'in' you hold the gun sideways, ya can aim it better............o_O
sideways.jpg

sideways.jpg

Only considered assault rifle when on the news

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads