JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I picked up my Sig Sauer 716 this afternoon- after all the research, preparation, purchase, 10-day waiting period, it was nice to hold it in my hands and finally take possession of it. As soon as I got it home the mods/upgrades commenced.

I took out my second AR build to get an idea of the size of the Sig 716- both have 16" barrels, but you can see the Sig 716's receivers are larger and the buffer tube is longer. The Sig 716's buffer is shown in the fully retracted position.

Geno

14825801_1269940853058656_1100910963_n.jpg

I'm in CA-so the only way I could get a full auto rifle is if I was in law enforcement and if it was for work. I'm a civilian- my Sig 716 is a semi-auto rifle. The 10-day waiting period is one of the stupid laws designed to keep hotheads from doing anything stupid with a rifle- but really we all know anyone intending to do evil with a firearm can wait more than 10 days to do it.

Like most of us, I was busy with work and other things- I even took a short trip to Phoenix with my wife (she had a business trip and asked me to give her company). The 10 days went quickly- I actually could have picked it up yesterday too.

Geno

I'm in CA-so the only way I could get a full auto rifle is if I was in law enforcement and if it was for work. I'm a civilian- my Sig 716 is a semi-auto rifle. The 10-day waiting period is one of the stupid laws designed to keep hotheads from doing anything stupid with a rifle- but really we all know anyone intending to do evil with a firearm can wait more than 10 days to do it.

Like most of us, I was busy with work and other things- I even took a short trip to Phoenix with my wife (she had a business trip and asked me to give her company). The 10 days went quickly- I actually could have picked it up yesterday too.

Geno

Any idea what will be semis legal or illegal January 1st 2017? Are ARs out? I know someone who might be moving there.

Brutus Out

Any idea what will be semis legal or illegal January 1st 2017? Are ARs out? I know someone who might be moving there.

Brutus Out

One of the big laws that came out from "Gunpocolypse 2016" was the banning of the current "bullet button", which locks the magazine in the rifle and only allows it's release with a bullet tip or other tool. The aftermarket responded to the bullet button with a magnetically-retained button that fit into the hole of the bullet button, thus defeating the locking feature of the button. All bullet buttons will be illegal on 1/1/17, and any rifles with bullet buttons cannot be sold after this date. Needless to say anyone interested in buying an AR or AK-style rifle only has three weeks to do it- the last day to buy a rifle or lower receiver is 12/21/16. After that no weapons with bullet buttons can be sold. The scene at most CA gun stores is insane- crowds waiting to complete their Firearm safety test, make their initial purchase, fill out paperwork, are everywhere. I'm seeing alot of first time gun buyers buying ARs like crazy.

Sacramento in it's donkey rectum wisdom has offered no replacement magazine-locking device- their goal is to ultimately remove all semi-automatic sport rifles from California, so it's just one more law that seeks to remove our firearms from this state. I really don't see much compliance happening with this ban- most will ignore it , but I'm told Sacramento will be forcing law enforcement to step up and issue citations. But the authorities know any gun seizures will trigger gun owners to march on Sacramento- they will continue to issue laws to trick owners to surrender their firearms under threat of fines and/ or criminal charges. This is Jerry Brown's plan to turn citizens into criminals.

Geno

Congrats and enjoy the new toy.
With luck they will still let you shoot it after all the laws they want to put in place down there and not just let you keep it locked up as a show piece.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top