JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I partially assembled three rifles, well fully assembled really, I just did not do the uppers from scratch. and I bought a complete rifle, Colt CSR 1416.

I got the Colt because I thought with a Colt match grade trigger and barrel that it was hard to pass up at $700.
It was advertised as 5.56 and came in a factory shipping carton saying 5.56, but is stamped .223 Remington and the manual says ,223 and do not use 5.56, that ticked me off. It also did not have an ejection port dust cover (not a big deal to me) nor a forward assist (bigger deal to me). Still a good rifle for the money and as I intended and still intend to use it for dedicated home defense. Actually for the Warden, but she has rejected it in favor of a built for me HD Gun, so now the Colt will be for me.

I also used a locally made Billet lower (Gray Cerakoted, Gray Magpul furniture) mated to a complete Noveske upper with a 18" Stainless barrel. I had a Aimpoint PRO on it but tonight put on a Leopold VX-R 1.5 x 5 Scout scope on it. This has a Tac-Con trigger and JP Enterprises silent buffer. I have yet to shoot it, but I think it will be my Primary gun.

I wanted a piston gun (Why I don't know, do I have to have a real reason?) So I used a Anderson lower with ATI Furniture (Yes I like The ATI stuff) It has a Geissele Fast Fire trigger. I got a PWS Mark 116 Complete Upper, I put that Aimpoint PRO on it.

Finally I had a complete flattop upper from Kurt's, it has the newer cheaper Magpul hand guards. Anderson lower, generic made in USA stock, buffer, spring and tube also from Kurt's. I used a Ruger grip (reminiscent of a A1 grip, but beefier with a spur going up and back to endplate) I did use a QD endplate and a modular straight shoe CMC trigger. This was to be MY HD gun, but the Warden spied it, hefted it and declared it hers. Dang her ornery Hyde (hide if that's the way you prefer) Oh it does have a BCM Ambi pull tab thingy that she likes so well (you might think its a charging handle, but you are wrong)

I have two other 5.56 AR's so I'm officially AR poor.

But I do have these two 80% lowers.....

No Pics This is a no Pics thread!!! (I don't know how, yes I know there is a helpful Sticky, but my brain is full and I don't want to learn)

I get that, which is why I decided a Siminov is not something I want to depend my wife's life on if shtf. Somewhere there's a lower out their from Aero with here name on it. Building my first at the height of the panic I ended up with a few extra parts when back orders came through. Can anyone explain to me the idea behind the 11.5 upper with a 5 inch plus flash hider? Thanks,

Brutus out

I expect there are a few SBRs out there that should have been registered, but for one reason or another were or are not registered. The problem for those folks is they can't be seen with it or wagging tongues might reach suspicious ears. Their wife could get mad and turn them in. A lightning bolt could scare a cow that kicks a lantern, that starts a fire, that burns down the barn (Side benefit, BBQ Beef) and the tall dead tree next to the barn catches fire and falls spreading sparks and flame to your raked leaves near the house and soon the house is in Danger. The Volunteer Fire Department arrives and one of the volunteer firemen goes to clear the interior of the house, he has a day job as a ATF Agent and he recognizes your 17 SBRs as illegal, now you will have more than toasted marshmallows to worry about. This stuff happens everyday right?

I disagree with the law, but I won't violate it. A SBR would really be the IDEAL home defense weapon. I would have a flashlight and a laser on it another flashlight in my support hand a spare thirty round magazine stuffed in my BVDs, another in the gun. I would find the source of that bump in the night!

C'mere Big Boy! Mama wants that AR!

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 5.41.43 PM.png

I of course will remain true to My Love and while she has only been shooting for a year, the Warden is pretty darn accurate ..... and now she has more guns.

Well I am way happier about my Colt AR as I inspected it with a flashlight and found the barrel stamped " Colt 5.56 NATO 1/8" I did have a few hundred rounds of .223, but mostly I have 5.56.

I had gone back to look at a Gunblast review as I thought they had used some 5.56 and yes they had, then I saw the barrel stamped in a picture. I then re-inspected my new rifle and could not see it till I shined a light from the side, then it jumped right out.

I get a new eye exam on the 9th ... no really

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top