JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
can he LIST the item under MY name or does he have to JOIN the forum to do this? He doesn't DO forums aka post on any forums any longer but he may read a few things on and off of this forum.

It would be a sale to Montana residents with NO shipping, NO trades and Cash only sales. Face to face sale in this specific area. NO driving across the state.

Perhaps a rifle or two of them and Misc. Reloading Products sealed in their NIB boxes and bottles.

I do not know how to do pictures and he and I have been able to sell some items to LOCAL Montana people who stop over to buy some items.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Cate

Can you do a face to face firearm transaction in Montana? Most states require some form of background check, but I do know there are some that still don't regulate this. I wouldn't be surprised if Montana was still free in this regard.

I ask just to help ensure that you don't run into any problems legally.

Happy transacting!

Upvote 0
Can you do a face to face firearm transaction in Montana? Most states require some form of background check, but I do know there are some that still don't regulate this. I wouldn't be surprised if Montana was still free in this regard.

I ask just to help ensure that you don't run into any problems legally.

Happy transacting!

YES, we can for now.

The M. city council tried to pass some dung, did pass it but it was AGAINST the MT Constitution and the SUPREME COURT in MT FINALLY stopped them cold.

OUR REPUBLICAN AG (TIM FOX) who is running for GOVERNOR (LOL) screwed us in not nipping some crap in the BUD even though he wrote one stinking letter.

TOO much to say and THIS IS NOT THE PLACE for me to repeat it all which I have told a zillion times over in various places and in person. LOL The NRA made one stinking meeting.

However with that said, they (The anti gunners and FAR LEFT!) want to put some dung on the ballot this NOVEMBER 2020 that MOST PEOPLE STILL DO NOT BELIEVE WILL HAPPEN ON A MT BALLOT where they want to change us into WA state or OR or some other state and city where they WANT TO BAN personal sales and change a WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF like some of you have in YOUR states.

They even want to change or BAN or restrict some carry laws, some types of guns, private sales with NO easy system for a BG check, where you can carry, etc.

TRUST me - I have been VERY INVOLVED with gun rights (RKBA and politics.) even BEFORE I bought my own guns and only used my late husband's HOUSE GUN.

LOTS of people may not own their own gun, use their husband's gun, but always VOTE pro RKBA and for PRO GUN people. Some people may not believe it but it is true.

Thanks for the concern though.

WE need gun folks in MT to wake up and smell the dang coffee!

Old Lady Cate

Upvote 0
PS:

We do check the buyer's MT DL or MT ID. Name, DOB, telephone number, etc.

Most of them have Concealed Weapons Permits but we do not require it to make a sale to people that we know or trust.

My MT husband has had his permit for over 20 years or when it first came out.

We give the person/buyer a BILL OF SALE, we date it, time of the sale, sign it and they sign a duplicate copy too.

Etc.

Cate

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR