JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does the 7-8 hours of sleep, count for fasting? Combined with the two hours before bed and two hours after I wake, without eating is 12 hours. I do have water and coffee in that time span, but both are appetite suppressants.
If you carry a .45 you'll have nightmares of your bullets not even getting out of the barrel so you'll burn more calories. So do that.

Lol

Did you notice an increase in your weight loss when you started fasting? I was doing really well on a standard low-carb diet before I threw in timed fasting and was amazed at the extra pound or two per week that resulted.

I had been going along slowly, then when I started intermittent fasting, I dropped more quickly. It has been over the holiday, so I can't give an accurate increase. But I did notice.

There is no reversing damage to my joints. I know that. But I believe I may treat some of the pain and swelling by cutting out sugar and carbs. And adding turmeric and other beneficial things to my diet.

Turmeric has poor "bio availability", (big words for me!).
Curcumin - UPDATE 2018 evidence-based review on benefits, dosage, side effects, & more

I have neck and shoulder pain from repetitive motion for years. When it was isolated to specific spots acupuncture worked great. Now the pain is here there and every where, sometimes. Along with arthritis in right knee, wrist and shoulder.

Being that turmeric alone doesn't do much, I've found great relief of the neck/shoulder issues with this stuff.
Synchro Gold: Liposomal Turmeric Supplement

I was turned on to it by a retired Trimet train driver who's shoulder was messed up as bad as mine. He gave me half bottle of the stuff to try. I drink the original straight-up!

I understand Turmeric needs Black pepper fruit to be better absorbed.

I mix mine with my morning fiber and almond milk in the blender. I'm not sure what horse crap tastes like? But I bet its a lot like this Turmeric Pepper blend. :confused:

Can't say that it helps. Only been doing this stuff and the new diet for about two minutes!
OK. 9 days.

This is what I get from Costco.

IMG_0467.JPG

I understand Turmeric needs Black pepper fruit to be better absorbed.

I mix mine with my morning fiber and almond milk in the blender. I'm not sure what horse crap tastes like? But I bet its a lot like this Turmeric Pepper blend. :confused:

Can't say that it helps. Only been doing this stuff and the new diet for about two minutes!
OK. 9 days.

This is what I get from Costco.

View attachment 535918

Ha, I saw that stuff and tasted it. I thought it was quite good! That Synchro I use is WAY terrible. I've got used to it though, and I don't figure the good tasting stuff is going to work because, because it has to taste bad to be good! And looking at doses, if it's the same as I tasted at Costco, it costs about the same as the Synchro Gold.

I noticed a difference in my pain after my first two doses. I usually take it 2-3 days and then skip a day.

Last Edited:
I'm down 15lbs.
Feeling better each day
Fasting? You mean when grandma jumped your azz for looking in the fridge between 6pm-6am?
Yea! I think she was right.
That's helping also.

Turmeric has poor "bio availability", (big words for me!).
Curcumin - UPDATE 2018 evidence-based review on benefits, dosage, side effects, & more

I have neck and shoulder pain from repetitive motion for years. When it was isolated to specific spots acupuncture worked great. Now the pain is here there and every where, sometimes. Along with arthritis in right knee, wrist and shoulder.

Being that turmeric alone doesn't do much, I've found great relief of the neck/shoulder issues with this stuff.
Synchro Gold: Liposomal Turmeric Supplement

I was turned on to it by a retired Trimet train driver who's shoulder was messed up as bad as mine. He gave me half bottle of the stuff to try. I drink the original straight-up!

Thing about tumeric, it's a swelling reducer, so you shouldn't mix it with blood pressure meds

Thing about tumeric, it's a swelling reducer, so you shouldn't mix it with blood pressure meds

From what i just read they're speaking of large doses. I take the recommended 1oz. Have been for awhile and haven't noticed any drop in BP. I'm pretty sure I'd even told the doc about the Turmeric usage. Besides, I'm not one of those that figure if a little is good A LOT will be better.

From what i just read they're speaking of large doses. I take the recommended 1oz. Have been for awhile and haven't noticed any drop in BP. I'm pretty sure I'd even told the doc about the Turmeric usage. Besides, I'm not one of those that figure if a little is good A LOT will be better.

I mentioned it because a lot of folks think that because they are taking a 'supplement' it will have no effect on the existing meds they are taking and this is absolutely not true

Furthermore I have a friend who is 76 y/o, he eats from the Wal-Mart freezer section and when he doesn't it's because he's eating fast food. Meanwhile every doctor tells you not to exceed 1,000 mg daily on sodium while taking blood pressure meds, but for some reason he thinks he is different and the rules don't apply to him.

I mentioned it because a lot of folks think that because they are taking a 'supplement' it will have no effect on the existing meds they are taking and this is absolutely not true

Furthermore I have a friend who is 76 y/o, he eats from the Wal-Mart freezer section and when he doesn't it's because he's eating fast food. Meanwhile every doctor tells you not to exceed 1,000 mg daily on sodium while taking blood pressure meds, but for some reason he thinks he is different and the rules don't apply to him.

I'm plenty healthy, other than the wrist....knee.....shoulder. slight blood pressure issue, well controlled. Everything but the joints is just great!

Fortunately I hear it's always 4:20 somewhere:D

Geeze man, not for me anymore. Last time I did that I found myself sitting in the chair, rocking back and forth, wondering how I was going to come down enough to get dinner going before Wifey got home 1 1/2 later. That stuff now is nothing at all like what we smoked in the early '70s. :s0131: and as far as the CBD stuff, I haven't felt the need to try that yet, though I would if what I do know didn't work. Besides, something young(er) people don't get yet is how a person just gets used to feeling like crap as they get older!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top