JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The people I call family are not actually my family I have known this gal since she's been 17 she is 41 now I celebrate birthdays and holidays with her and her family I can't trust my actual sister I have not talk to her in six years life goes on I know once you pass away what does it matter what happens to your stuff but it's just the whole idea that's my problem maybe I'm weird I go shooting with her kids they are fantastic kids and well mannered . So☹️

The people I call family are not actually my family I have known this gal since she's been 17 she is 41 now I celebrate birthdays and holidays with her and her family I can't trust my actual sister I have not talk to her in six years life goes on I know once you pass away what does it matter what happens to your stuff but it's just the whole idea that's my problem maybe I'm weird I go shooting with her kids they are fantastic kids and well mannered . So☹️
Isn't there adoption options? Named heirs in will?

Form a trust, name the beneficiaries.
I don't believe the trust avenue will work. According to the law, the beneficiary of the trust must be related (see below). However, there's no reason why your friend or one (or more) of her children who is of adult age can't get the permit to purchase and then you can transfer the guns to one of them. Then, since they are all related, that individual can distribute them to the other family members as you desire. It's a gigantic inconvenience, and an expense for sure, but it's a way. It may take a while for the permit process to get established, but hopefully you are not at risk of immediate death. Who knows, the law may get struck down before the transfer becomes necessary. But, the situation is not hopeless. I wouldn't call your guns scrap yet.

(4) The requirements of subsections (2) and (3) of this section do not apply to:

(c) The transfer of a firearm to:
(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.
(d) The transfer of a firearm that occurs because of the death of the firearm owner, provided that:
(A) The transfer is conducted or facilitated by a personal representative, as defined in ORS 111.005, or a trustee of a trust created in a will; and
(B) The transferee is related to the deceased firearm owner in a manner specified in paragraph (c) of this subsection.

I don't believe the trust avenue will work. According to the law, the beneficiary of the trust must be related (see below). However, there's no reason why your friend or one (or more) of her children who is of adult age can't get the permit to purchase and then you can transfer the guns to one of them. Then, since they are all related, that individual can distribute them to the other family members as you desire. It's a gigantic inconvenience, and an expense for sure, but it's a way. It may take a while for the permit process to get established, but hopefully you are not at risk of immediate death. Who knows, the law may get struck down before the transfer becomes necessary. But, the situation is not hopeless. I wouldn't call your guns scrap yet.

(4) The requirements of subsections (2) and (3) of this section do not apply to:

(c) The transfer of a firearm to:
(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.
(d) The transfer of a firearm that occurs because of the death of the firearm owner, provided that:
(A) The transfer is conducted or facilitated by a personal representative, as defined in ORS 111.005, or a trustee of a trust created in a will; and
(B) The transferee is related to the deceased firearm owner in a manner specified in paragraph (c) of this subsection.
Well, that sure blows goats! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

You can always adopt. I'm up for adoption depending on what you have. Seriously though, these laws just make law abiding people into criminals. If that's what they desire, so be it.

You can always adopt. I'm up for adoption depending on what you have. Seriously though, these laws just make law abiding people into criminals. If that's what they desire, so be it.
Pass them down to Me, I'll even call you Pappy! That's mo better then scrap. Lol!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top