JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Latest review on Amazon relevant to us NW'ers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for people looking to see how society can breakdown after a viral outbreak, February 26, 2013
By brian j wood - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Brushfire Plague (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. Being a moderate prepper that believes in having a certain amount of food/water reserves as well as a firm belief in the 2nd Amendment this book was great reference for what happens to those that think "that could never happen to us". Even if you're not a prepper and are anti-gun you'll come away from this reading with a broader perspective about why both are necessary if there is a disaster situation (large earthquakes, hurricanes, etc...). When our infrastructure is damaged and the emergency grid is down you are your own security and protector; this book does a great job portraying that scenario.

The other thing I really enjoyed was that this book is based on locations here in Portland Oregon "Portlandia". Being a native Oregonian for my entire life it really comes through that the author is very familiar with the region and it gives an additional feel of authenticity. (emphasis added)

Brushfire Plague: R.P. Ruggiero: 9780615645643: Amazon.com: Books

I have to laugh at myself. I have seen the title of this thread for months and never read the thread. I thought you were sharing that you have read your first novel, LOL. (I know a lot of men who only read non-fiction and magazines) How exciting to have WRITTEN one! I have it added to my wish list and am looking forward to reading it.

Finally! The sequel to Brushfire Plague will be out by the end of November. If you didn't read the original, you can read the first not one, but TWO chapters of Brushfire Plague here for FREE: <broken link removed>

Then, if you like it, you can order it on Amazon or BN.com

Brushfire Plague: Reckoning coming soon...so time to Catch the Plague! And, like any good plague...this one needs your help to spread!!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews