JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm excited to let everyone know about my first novel, Brushfire Plague! I wanted it to be out awhile and judged on its own merits before telling folks here it is mine. It's been reviewed really strongly by both professionals and readers. Of course, I'll point out it makes a great gift idea too...especially for people you know who don't quite "get" why it's important to prep!

Brushfire Plague: R.P. Ruggiero: 9780615645643: Amazon.com: Books

Here's the synopsis:

The Brushfire Plague made the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918 look like a case of the common cold.

When a virulent plague erupts across the globe, Cooper Adams faces a daily battle for survival as society unravels at a dizzying pace. As he organizes his neighbors for self-defense and strives to save those around him, he soon discovers the first clues about the origin of the Brushfire Plague that is killing untold millions around the world. In his pursuit to learn the truth, Cooper must combat looters, organized gangs, and those protecting the Brushfire Plague's secrets. When his son falls ill, his search to uncover the plague's origin and a possible cure transforms into a race against time. Ultimately, Cooper faces a paralyzing choice between exposing what he has learned with potentially shattering consequences, or abetting a horrible secret and giving his nation a chance to recover and rebuild.

Surviving the Plague was just the beginning...

Cool. As an avid reader, an aspiring writer, a fellow gun enthusiast and an ardent Union Man (UA Local 290), I congratulate you!

I just bought your book on Kindle.

And the power just went out, then on again, just to remind me of the importance of preparation! I look forward to reading it.

Thanks Mark! Let me know what you think...and review it everywhere too! It's been getting great reviews and readers of all 'levels' of being prepared are really enjoying it...but with a small publisher, the biggest hurdle is getting exposure.

I'm excited to let everyone know about my first novel, Brushfire Plague! I wanted it to be out awhile and judged on its own merits before telling folks here it is mine. It's been reviewed really strongly by both professionals and readers. Of course, I'll point out it makes a great gift idea too...especially for people you know who don't quite "get" why it's important to prep!

Brushfire Plague: R.P. Ruggiero: 9780615645643: Amazon.com: Books

Here's the synopsis:

The Brushfire Plague made the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918 look like a case of the common cold.

When a virulent plague erupts across the globe, Cooper Adams faces a daily battle for survival as society unravels at a dizzying pace. As he organizes his neighbors for self-defense and strives to save those around him, he soon discovers the first clues about the origin of the Brushfire Plague that is killing untold millions around the world. In his pursuit to learn the truth, Cooper must combat looters, organized gangs, and those protecting the Brushfire Plague's secrets. When his son falls ill, his search to uncover the plague's origin and a possible cure transforms into a race against time. Ultimately, Cooper faces a paralyzing choice between exposing what he has learned with potentially shattering consequences, or abetting a horrible secret and giving his nation a chance to recover and rebuild.

Surviving the Plague was just the beginning...

I purchased The Brushfire Plague as an e-book when it was first mentioned here on the site. I enjoyed the book and especially liked the personal northwest touch it adds. It's a quick, easy read and I recommend it to any of the members here.

I bought your book about 3 weeks ago. Had a little problem getting it locally (nobody in Salem could get it) but finally ordered it from Amazon. It really is an awesome book. The best new's however is my wife is now reading it and really enjoying it. And she has started asking questions about things I have talked about with prepping. Hope there will be more books coming! Great job! Thanks much!

KalamaMark--Thanks!!

Keystir--Thanks for your positive comments!! I'd encourage you to review it on Amazon.com too! With a small publisher, so I need all the help I can get spreading the word. If you are on other forums, please plug it there too.

Coctailer--Thanks as well! I can sign it at a future gunshow if you want!

Dipstick--Thanks too! Your story about your wife is perfect!! One of my goals with Brushfire Plague was that it could be enjoyed by a non-prepper and open their eyes...so glad to see it's helping out on your end.

It's only available at Amazon and BN.com but you can visit Brushfire Plague | Surviving the plague was only the beginning... for more info on the book too!

I'm working on the sequel, target date is this summer. I don't want to fall victim to rushing the sequel and lowering the quality of it! I'm pretty excited about some of the stuff I'm doing in the sequel; especially the character arc of Jake (Cooper's son) and others. And, the new challenges they have to face.

For anyone who has read it and enjoyed it....please review it and promote it however you can. People LIKE this book a lot, which has been great, so I just need everyone's help in getting it into more people's hands.

Finally, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Read that a while back when it was first mentioned too. Great read very nice first outing there unionguy. Definitely let us know when the sequel is ready.

Hopefully it's doing well for you.

Flybynyt: Hey thanks for the support! Will look forward to your thoughts!

Crosshairs--Thank you! Glad you liked it. It's doing well for a first timer's book with a small publisher...biggest challenge is exposure. Readers have been great, which is cool! Of 54 reviews on Amazon, only 2 have been negative. Reviews, posting it on Facebook, telling your friends about it...this is what's helpful.

Sequel News: "like" the FB Brushfire Plague is one way to stay on top of the news. I will post here too...and you can always check my website out: Brushfire Plague | Surviving the plague was only the beginning...

Just downloaded to my Kindle. Will review when I am done. Sounds good!

I read it in two day, couldnt put it down. Then my 24 year old kid read it. the only part we didnt like was the ending. very end,

SPOILER ALERT DONT READ BELOW IF YOU HAVENT READ IT.

how could he go to sleep after hearing the last reports? but then we thought ,sequel???? so its nice to read there ill be a sequel. Still cant understand how he can go to sleep with those last news reports and hearing shot.

Hey--thanks for the good words! Please review on Amazon and everywhere else! :)

SPOILER ALERT RESPONSE:

Good question! Here was my thinking. Cooper fell asleep several times soon after combat in the book. Some guys are totally amped after it, some crash. He had been up most of the night, a very stressful one. So, I was trying to be consistent with his character. Hope that helps it make a little more sense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top