Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

My AR-15 build

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by KillSwitch, Nov 14, 2008.

1. KillSwitch

KillSwitch Lake oswego New Member

RRA EOP 24" varmint upper assembly
    RRA parts package with tactical grip upgrade looks like a DPMS pather grip.
    RRA A2 buttstock assembly
    RRA WINTER TRIGGER GUARD UPGRADE
    And a bunch of pmags!
    Sadly i have to wait 8 to 10 weeks

I will post pics after the build!!!!
    Any one else have a LONG RANGE AR-15?

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sounds like a fun build! Looking forward to pics and a range report.

3. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

8-10 weeks? That's worse than waiting for Christmas to come! Do post pics when it gets assembled.

4. KillSwitch

I geuss all my lower stuff and mags are going to come sooner so thats cool. All the reviews said sub moa with the right ammo, i will just have to wait and see i can always use a block and single shot it with tuned handloads to shrink groups down a bit. but 1/2 at 100 yards and 2 at 300 with hornady v-max factory ammo isnt bad at all. So who has built alot of ar lowers on here? If somone would help me build my lower i will pay them some cash would prefer a gunsmith:)

Heres my lower
    Spikes tactical with the punisher skull mine is more grey im getting a diital camera soon so i will post lower build pics!!!!

5. KillSwitch

My dad passed away 2 years ago and all my rifles and handguns were at his house, And some got sold before i could get a layer and stop his gf. he had alot of bills and such and i had no way of proveing that they were mine he also had a half complete will that listed everything to go to his girlfrined besides a handfull of the rifles that were already mine were listed to go to me. Ive been waiting almost two years for my own rifles so 8 to 10 isnt a thing. hahahaha $100 of my build is from my mommy for x-mas ahahaha i have over 1100 in the rifle without scope:(

So anyone want to go out to the desert in a couple months and do some varmint hunting?:thumbup:

oh when i get my collection back i will post some pics and i took some pics of what i have now and my bowies knives

6. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

i am down to go to the desert good luck on the build

7. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

The lowers are easy to assemble. The only "special" tool you might want to get is a set of roll pin punches. When you get everything let us know and we can walk you through it...should take less than an hour your 1st time.

8. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Check Brownell's WEB Site for the "Parts to Range" AR15 Build Video. It's great!:thumbup:

9. Capn Jack

KillSwitch,

That's why I don't store any guns at someone else's house. My brother is always saying I should keep my guns in his safe.....BUT, What If ????8)

10. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

When you're ready, give me a shout..........and I'll help you out, no charge.

11. KillSwitch

Get your own safe.

My mom wouldnt let me keep firearms in her house thats why i had them all over at my dads. but now my dad is dead, now i turned my room into a gun\fishing rod room ahaha oh and a bed. If you have bill of sales for all your guns then it wouldnt be a problem keeping them in your bros safe. But if they were givin to you by your father or whatever then dont let them leave your sight!!!! And my dads GF is going to love going to jail for selling my firearms, After i get the ones that are left back im pressing ALL sorts of charges on her!

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR!!!

12. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Depending on the circumstances, she may not go to jail.........may end up being a civil thing.

13. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

14. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

What brand is that?

15. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

The lower was a Spikes' Tactical, upper was a Wilson Barreled 1x8 CMT upper. The complete rifle with scope weighed in at 11.5lbs. The scope was the bottom of the barrel Simmon 3x9. I'm sure with some good glass I could have shot better groups with the rifle :) But those groups weren't bad either ;)

16. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

Thanks. I'm trying to decide what route to go down for my next build. I'm working on a 16" bull barrel shtf AR right now. But I'd like to do a really nice varmint gun.

17. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Yeah, likewise. Anyone done an AR build in something OTHER than .223/5.56?? I'm considering doing a 20" or 24" in .204 Ruger.

18. Capn Jack

ZeroRing,:)
    One of my uppers is an A-3 with a 4x Leupold, in 7.62x39.:cool:...I refer to it as my 30 rnd. 30-30.:laugh:

19. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Good to hear... I am contemplating one in that caliber as well that way I can share the ammo with my SKS :thumbup:

Does the AR-10 use the same lower as the AR-15 or does it require a larger mag well and thus an AR-10 specific lower? :huh:

20. Capn Jack

Sorry, :(
    Couldn't tell you. Both of my uppers are DMPS 16" AR15 Carbines, one A3 and one A2, and my lower is also a DPMS, AR15. Nothing fancy, though I do have a ciener .22 adaptor for my 5.56 NATO A2 upper. :confused: That's my Lego Block Rifle...Shoots .22 rimfire to .30 cal. at the push of a pin.:D Almost forgot, good 7.62x39 Mags are tough to find. I've found CProducts make the most reliable so far.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008