JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My new-to-me,10 year old Ruger has always shot so-so,for everyone who shot it.
I had heard that if nothing else,a new hammer and trigger would work miracles.
THEY DID :)

Mounted my christmas present scope..Simmons .22mag..and headed to the range.
Fired 1 fouling shot,and the next 9 chewed a nice ragged hole in the target.And this was with 'cheap' ammo..altho Blazers usually shoot pretty decent for me.

Sorry,I got the trigger group on a trade,no idea what brand it is,but it sure helped.
Next time out I'll get real serious and see if the group gets better.but heck,I'm still :) about this one !

the shots at the bottom are not part of the group..but might have been with the old trigger.

Just getting the scope zero'd at about 40 yards,factory barrel.
stock was chopped up to eliminate the barrel band,I'll try the stock stock next time out,some say the band screws with accuracy,will be interesting to shoot it with the band and see what happens.

That's real good for a factory barrel. Yeah, the barrel band usually does mess with your accuracy. You can also adjust the tension on the stock screw to find a sweet spot. Start out at 25in/lbs (NOT ft/lbs !), loosen or tighten in 1in/lb increments. Your V-block should be torqued to 20in/lbs. I found these torque settings on rimfirecentral.com

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top