JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rush!

Circus31jan1988b.jpg

Montana PBS and Spokane, WA PBS have been playing music from the 50's and 60's again. Plus some nice music from Ireland.

They have been showing some of the really OLD musical shows in the wee hours of the morning too. One show just ended a bit ago.

Cate

What is the "Best" album that you can't find anymore?

And of course help in locating such.

Mine is
The KGON Album.

KGON Portland Radio had put out an album, or two, back about 1980.

https://www.discogs.com/release/3372790-Various-The-KGON-Album

I didn't know this... Just like WKRP, there was a "flip" in the 70s to go Rock

"On February 1, 1974, the new owners changed the format to album-oriented rock under new call sign KGON. The first song after the flip was "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles. "

Not a tune, but an anecdote...

In my first Cherokee Limited (an 89), I had a higher-end head unit feeding a Blaupunkt 5-baud EQ on a gooseneck stalk going to separate (front/rear) amps, big tri-axial Jensens in all four doors, subs in boxes way in the back, and liquid cooled tweeters in the dash reflecting off the windshield.

It was only stereo, but I could balance/fade to any corner and fine-tune whatever I was listening to with the EQ. That year, it was considered pretty "ultimate" by my buds also sporting high-watt systems.

Met a cute gal in San Diego and took her out on a date. Thinking she might enjoy some tunes, I put on something bluesy and resisted the temptation to crank it.

My Date: "Is something wrong with your radio?"

Me: "I don't think so. Why?"

My Date [gasping like an exasperated Valley Girl]: "It's like you can hear, like, every single instrument!"

FDUKmqC.jpg

Last Edited:
Going to see Journey in a few weeks. Bummed that Billy Idol dropped out of the show. Even more pissed that they replaced him with Toto. On a planet with 9,000,000,000 literally nobody likes Toto but some bonehead thought they would be a good replacment. Going to see Roger Waters and The Who later this year. Already spent too much on concert tickets, but hoping my wife won't get too upset when I buy Alice In Chains/Breaking Benjamin & Bush tickets then sneak off to see Primus….Worst part of the Rona was the cancellation of live music

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top