JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everybody.

I mailed in my CHL application to the Multnomah County Sheriffs office three weeks ago. Does anyone have recent experience with sending in a new application? If so, how long did it take to get back an initial response and when was the scheduled appointment?

Should I call the office to see if they received it? Thanks.

Last Edited:
Mailed application: Jan 19th
Appointment email from MCSO: Feb 5th
actual appointment: Next Week
license mailed within 5 weeks of actual appointment (so, early may)

If you lived in any other county in Oregon, you'd be done already.

If only OR and UT has reciprocation. I mailed my UT app the same day and have had it for a couple weeks.

Just going through it since January. Mailed Multnomah County and Utah app on 28 January. I received an email on 9 February with an appointment on 18 April for Multnomah County. Utah permit came in the mail last week.

The summer wait times are probably slightly longer because of city workers using summer vacation time (how dare they!:D)

Couple years ago I had about 3-4 month wait time about this time of year in Multnomah County.

Here was my timeline for 2016.

Mailed Utah and Multnomah county applications on 28 January
9 February Mulnomah emailed with 18 April Appointment Date
18 April, went to scheduled appointment
12 May, Multnomah county permit came in the mail.

Multnomah Co. dropped off application last Monday. Received email today that set appointment October 12, could take 45 days from that date! Worried things might change after election. Should not have waited!

Just make sure you renew before it expires, as they don't contact you anymore with a reminder.
Then you have to go through the process all over again.

Just a note. The folks at MCSO a very nice people. I get the idea that whole office on 122nd and Halsey is open mainly for CCPs and minor administrative stuff. When I went in to renew a couple of months ago they were bustling, but very friendly and helpful. Point is, I have great respect for those folks.

I suppose I was lucky with an early appointment (as I would have had it). There was only one other person in the room.
I was also impressed that they were kid friendly with plenty of toys to keep my 3yo entertained though we were in and out in minutes.

Any more people that have had this issue recently? I turned my application in on the 7th so it has been 20 days. In that time they moved the station apparently. Anyone that has turned theirs in around the same time as me?

I got my CHL just 3 months ago. I went into the 122nd & Halsey Sherriff's office and got an appointment 5 weeks out. I came in again in five weeks, filled out the paperwork, got fingerprinted, and got my license in the mail two months later. Your mileage may vary.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top