Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Multnomah Co CWP renewal.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by deen_ad, Feb 20, 2014.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

My OR permit is up April 15 so I need to renew it. Any idea how far they are behind getting the renewals out? I'm a Vancouver resident so it may take longer than a few days. Yes, I have the application and I know I need to go in person during certain times. Also they are asking a good reason for wanting it renewed. Is personal/family protection a good enough one now?

Deen
    NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    Defender of Freedom Award
    NRA Recruiter
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

2. sobe911

sobe911 Portland Member

The reason you're renewing it is because it's expiring or expired. Duh.

Stomper and (deleted member) like this.
  3. 1337BaldEagle

1337BaldEagle Earth Active Member

You military? Because then you could just mail it.

" 166.295¹
    Renewal of license

(1)(a) A concealed handgun license is renewable by repeating the procedures set out in ORS 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) and 166.292 (Procedure for issuing), except for the requirement to submit fingerprints and provide character references. A licensee may submit the application for renewal by mail if the licensee:

(A) Is an active member of the Armed Forces of the United States, the National Guard of the United States or the Oregon National Guard; and

(B) Submits with the application proof of the licensees military orders and a copy of the licensees military identification.

(b) An otherwise expired concealed handgun license continues to be valid for up to 45 days after the licensee applies for renewal if:

(A) The licensee applies for renewal before the original license expires;

(B) The licensee has proof of the application for renewal; and

(C) The application for renewal has not been denied.

(2) If a licensee changes residence, the licensee shall report the change of address and the sheriff shall issue a new license as a duplication for a change of address. The license shall expire upon the same date as would the original. [1989 c.839 §10; 1993 c.735 §7; 2007 c.368 §4]"

4. deen_ad

And this answers the question right?

Yes, I know your a newbie here and just want to raise your post #'s right?

Deen
    NRA Recruiter

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

5. deen_ad

Nope, not military.

Deen
    NRA Recruiter

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Oregon is a Shall Issue state why would they need a reason. The law doesn't require a reason that I have ever read.

7. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

If you're out of state, Oregon wants to hear a reason. If they don't like what they hear, you don't get one.

8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Just tell them you travel into Oregon quite frequently as you just live across the border in Vantucky. If Mult. Co. gives you any grief, then go to Columbia or Washington County, they're the closest CHL friendlies to you.

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  9. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Or... if they give him grief, he documents the denial and files a federal lawsuit against the Sheriff's Office and the state of Oregon using recent decision in the 9th as the grounds :D

10. feconn

feconn Skamania Co. Washington Member

Renewal doesn't require a new reason - just go in & pay your money & they send you a new one. Do it prior to the expiration, or its a new issue, and I think they may still not be doing out of state. If yours expires in April, I'd be doing it soon. mine expired in September, and I renewed in July. The only thing about renewing early is that your expiration date changes, i.e. mine was in September, now its in July. Check the Multnomah County Sheriffs office website - there is a number for the CHL unit. Give them a call. I've never had anything but good contact with them.

11. finnmike

finnmike Vancouver, wa Active Member

I've been going to Columbia County since moving to Vancouver 14 years ago. They are no-nonsense and very professional, and are OPEN ON SATURDAYS for the work'n man. Just get there early because that is visiting day too for the inmates.

12. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Deen,

Wife just did an address change recently with Multnomah, they issued her replacement in about 30 days ( per her memory ).

We live in Vancouver as well...

13. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

My experience as well. Love me some Columbia County Oregon.

14. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sorry I missed the out of state thing.

15. deen_ad

Last time I told them it was due to the large amount of money I carried at times plus personal protection. Would that still be usable?

Deen
    "Defender of Freedom" award
    NRA Recruiter

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

16. feconn

feconn Skamania Co. Washington Member

17. 9mmD

9mmD sw wa Member

Just did the same thing last week. Very simple. kinda sucks they charge so much 65.00 compared to WA. took me only 30-40 min just because I was almost last in line. They told me a would have my new one in 2-3 weeks. But they do issue a temp but I didn't need it cause I don't expire until april. still nice to have though