JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't be ridiculous. Of course I see that. And appreciate it when its half way original. Its used in two ways. Sometimes in good fun and camaraderie. Sometimes to declare certain of those present as irredeemably inferior. Once upon a time I was in a position where I was expected to laugh when people made sexist jokes I had heard thousands of times before. Now, thankfully, I dont have to. Sometimes you're original and funny. This time you were a bore and an ahole. Is it a big deal? Naw. Written humor or attempts at humor are tricky, especially when they take the playful insult form. Some of mine don't work all that well either.
You say that to Don Rickles face! :s0118:

Oh wait…. He died. :s0131:

I invite you to this thread… you'll see that the "victim" loves getting ribbed during a moment of stress. Furthermore, I REFUSE to apologize for inferring gender stereotypes on how they deal with stress… your long over-intellectualized responses further bear out my observations. I'm (truly) sorry that (I assume) you were abused by awful males in your younger days that now cause you to react thusly to (intended good natured) "insult humor".

Last Edited:
@Stomper , you and I have played the reciprocal insult game innumerable times and enjoyed it. Most recently within the last couple of days. You know perfectly well I get it. Yet the minute I tell you frankly that you've screwed up you yap about my not understanding this reciprocal insult (ball bustin') game while knowing perfectly well I do. You are being disingenuous.

Using 'female,/'woman'/'girl'/'lady' as an insult is one thing when its among among males. In mixed company it's sexist. It's telling women here that they don't belong here and don't matter, arent a legitimate part of the audience. It was of course also intended to insult the newcomer. But it was by telling him that he won't be accepted here if he interacts in a friendly normal way with the women here. So it was a double attack on me and other women. In addition, cr@pping on the new guy has a distinctive flavor of the bully. He hasn't even been here long enough to have access to the reaction buttons. Let alone decide whether we are worth bothering with. You screwed up.

I am often pleased and proud of my fellow NWFA members. And impressed with how much expertise there is here. This time I was embarrassed and ashamed. OP did about the most thorough description of a problem I've ever seen. He told us in detail about what he had done and already eliminated. The responses mostly suggested things he had already eliminated. Or just made snarky comments with no substance. Or treated him like a rank beginner who needed to be told things he clearly did know about and had already tried.

Last Edited:
@Stomper , you and I have played the reciprocal insult game innumerable times and enjoyed it. Most recently within the last couple of days. You know perfectly well I get it. Yet the minute I tell you frankly that you've screwed up you yap about my not understanding this reciprocal insult (ball bustin') game while knowing perfectly well I do. You are being disingenuous.

Using 'female,/'woman'/'girl'/'lady' as an insult is one thing when its among among males. In mixed company it's sexist. It's telling women here that they don't belong here and don't matter, arent a legitimate part of the audience. It was of course also intended to insult the newcomer. But it was by telling him that he won't be accepted here if he interacts in a friendly normal way with the women here. So it was a double attack on me and other women. In addition, cr@pping on the new guy has a distinctive flavor of the bully. He hasn't even been here long enough to have access to the reaction buttons. Let alone decide whether we are worth bothering with. You screwed up.

I am often pleased and proud of my fellow NWFA members. And impressed with how much expertise there is here. This time I was embarrassed and ashamed. OP did about the most thorough description of a problem I've ever seen. He told us in detail about what he had done and already eliminated. The responses mostly suggested things he had already eliminated. Or just made snarky comments with no substance. Or treated him like a rank beginner who needed to be told things he clearly did know about and had already tried.
I'm not being disingenuous at all, you'd be surprised how large a portion of humanity have ZERO sense of humor and then whine and "complain" with 10,000 syllables when 5-6 will do. That was the abstract point of my initial comment, and the comment that torched all of this off was (from my perspective) mainly directed at the BS excuse FN was giving the OP for the malfunctions and not the OP himself.

I think you're a great person (based on your history here) and I accept that it's your opinion that I "screwed up", but that's your opinion from your perspective which I refuse to make my problem. I'm sorry you were offended, but I'm not sorry I offended you, that was your choice.

Anyway, 'nuff said. Peace!

@Stomper -- APOLOGY? Do I expect an apology? He!! no. Nobody should have to apologize for trying to be funny. The world needs more laughs, not fewer. I've never apologized for my own attempts at humor that have gone astray. And don't intend to. And don't think anyone else should either. In order to create good laughs you have to screw up sometimes. And I have certainly enjoyed plenty of laughs instigated by you. I was just explaining why that particular attempt at humor was not one of your better efforts. However, I have taken a nanosecond to examine my psyche, and it appears quite unharmed. Furthermore, I have also just glanced out the window, and though I've seen better weather, the world seems to still be there. Peace. :p

@Stomper -- Our posts crossed in the ether. Actually, I confess you're one of my favorite characters on NWFA. And the humor is one of the reasons I enjoy NWFA so much. :s0005:

When teaching my students about humor....

I like to point out :
That it is only really funny , if we are both laughing....
Time and place is important....
Know your audience....
Inflection and just how you say something matters...
And finally...add little details and nuances to make that joke or funny story yours.
Andy

@Stomper -- Our posts crossed in the ether. Actually, I confess you're one of my favorite characters on NWFA. And the humor is one of the reasons I enjoy NWFA so much. :s0005:
I accept your unapologetic apology! ;) :D

Ha! She called you a "character".
I am NOT a cartoon….. I'm adorable, dammit! :s0118:

:s0140:

When teaching my students about humor....

I like to point out :
That it is only really funny , if we are both laughing....
Time and place is important....
Know your audience....
Inflection and just how you say something matters...
And finally...add little details and nuances to make that joke or funny story yours.
Andy
I'm pretty sure my little lit match had plenty of nuance…. :s0131:

In a face-to-face conversation, people would not talk s*it, insult, or joke about you in front of your face. There is a reason that many members don't post comments on this forum or any other social media because of insults and nasty comments. In my experience, most members on this forum are good and will help you out and research the issue for you. Some comments are meant to be humorous, but it's insulting to the OP and discourage others from posting comments or asking questions.

In a face-to-face conversation, people would not talk s*it, insult, or joke about you in front of your face. There is a reason that many members don't post comments on this forum or any other social media because of insults and nasty comments. In my experience, most members on this forum are good and will help you out and research the issue for you. Some comments are meant to be humorous, but it's insulting to the OP and discourage others from posting comments or asking questions.
OP got upset by @TTSX suggesting that he clean and lube the gun, which was the opposite of what FN described in their report.

OP was also apparently upset about being asked if he was possibly limp wristing.

If this line of questioning is difficult to take, the Internet is not really for everyone.

OP got upset by @TTSX suggesting that he clean and lube the gun, which was the opposite of what FN described in their report.

OP was also apparently upset about being asked if he was possibly limp wristing.

If this line of questioning is difficult to take, the Internet is not really for everyone.
OP had three very experienced shooters shoot the gun. They had exactly the same problems he did. So this was not the OP finding a line of questioning "difficult to take." This was someone slamming out the most simplistic possibility without reading the entire post.

I accept your unapologetic apology! ;) :D
I am NOT a cartoon….. I'm adorable, dammit! :s0118:

:s0140:
These are Stomperisms at their best. And that "I accept your unapologetic apology." has got potential for practical use in many situations as well. :s0132:

OP had three very experienced shooters shoot the gun. They had exactly the same problems he did. So this was not the OP finding a line of questioning "difficult to take." This was someone slamming out the most simplistic possibility without reading the entire post.
Unless I know the person, I'm not going to consider them "experienced". For example, all cops carry a gun on a daily basis, but I would not consider them "experienced" with firearms or even someone with safe gun handling skills. Likewise, most gun shop fuds have been selling guns for a long time, and also recommending a lightweight pistol to a woman because it carries well. In my field, just because you've done something for a long time, doesn't mean you're experienced.

I'm going to leave this here....
1000014692.jpg

Last Edited:
Consider that this (like any written medium) is a less-than-perfect… perhaps even considerably less than perfect… medium to convey one's thoughts.

This is especially the case with humor, irony, etc.

To your first point (face to face conversation), it's far easier to pick up on the (often) subtle clues that a comment is meant in jest, as an insult, and so on. Voice tone, facial expressions, a twinkle in the eye, squinting, scowling, smirking, tight lips, body language, the reactions of others around - these all help us, in person, ascertain what someone is attempting to convey with speech.

We lose ALL of that with text. To be fair, emoticons and emoji symbols can help to some degree (and I suspect it's why they were invented in the first place - to bridge the communicative gap, as it were).

I didn't read snark in the initial comment made by @solv3nt , but others - and it appears, OP as well - did.

It's very easy to misread intent in text-based discussion… you might swear you can see the other person sneer or grin or whatnot, in your mind's eye, etc. I make this mistake too and am not immune by any means.

Just something to keep in mind.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top