JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen the "how to move guns" question come up a couple dozen times on the various forums I frequent. The best answer is always, "move them yourself." It's just too risky any other way.

Keep in mind that your movers likely won't allow you to ship the guns in your safe and they will probably want to inspect the contents before they load it. If they will allow it and you do it, make sure you've checked with your insurance company that they will cover the loss...for the guns AND the safe...if it all goes missing.

No way I'd let movers near any of my guns.

My elderly mother recently had movers take her favorite 120+ year old Chair.... it was completely wrapped when it left her house. On arriving in the other State all four legs were broken and there were cigarette holes in the antique horsehair cushions.

Now put those same bozos in charge of watching guns...

So for the OP, having movers do it is a bad option.

I have a regular open utility trailer.
So maybe making a secure box and mounting it to the trailer somehow may be an option.
I can ship the guns even though it would cost a fortune.
but the ammo I would have to load up and haul. I don't have a ton, but still probably way more than I want to load up.
inside our SUV will be packed with two kids and a dog.

This is getting stressful.

Good Luck OP, sounds like your moving before me so let us know what you decide

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews