JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even dunkin the entire rifle every other mag, your gonna blast that barrel all to hell by 3 to 4 thousand rounds, ain't gonna happen! I know all to well, having been a part of the A.F. side of the new light rifles trials where we tortured them all, no COLT or any other make is going to last over a sustained fire of that magnitude, and no barrel will last that long no matter how you treat it! the simple fact is, the metallurgy just isn't there yet!

You are right on. Most people don't understand that barrels do not wear out, they burn out. Normal use will burn out the throating from the peak pressure/temperature. Shooting the heaviest bullet possible reduces the amount of powder and thus normally results in longer barrel life.

Depending on the material type once you reach X temperature you remove the heat treating and anneal the barrel. Once it is soft things go down hill very fast. Rapid firing builds heat faster than it can dissipate.

Even dunkin the entire rifle every other mag, your gonna blast that barrel all to hell by 3 to 4 thousand rounds, ain't gonna happen! I know all to well, having been a part of the A.F. side of the new light rifles trials where we tortured them all, no COLT or any other make is going to last over a sustained fire of that magnitude, and no barrel will last that long no matter how you treat it! the simple fact is, the metallurgy just isn't there yet!

Yup!

Hell, how many barrels get to 1k before issues? The AUG with its heavy barrel will bulge from heat close to that!

AK barrels can get so hot and get bent out of shape from that alone (but it AK, is fine, bend back, Ivan no complain :rolleyes:). A local range will rent out an automatic AK, and they replace the barrel here and there cause of it.

Klingon Disruptor? You got me thinking.....

How many times can my Shepard bite the piss out of someone before his teeth wear?

Might have to go to a Portland March to do a scientific study.

Purely scientific I say!

Klingon Disruptor? You got me thinking.....

How many times can my Shepard bite the piss out of someone before his teeth wear?

Might have to go to a Portland March to do a scientific study.

Purely scientific I say!

Saw a video of a Californian police fur missile taking down a badguy so hard that Doggo required dental implants, as he busted/pulled out a lot of his teeth on impact and in the ensuing fight. Last I heard he's back on patrol with new teefers.

Never fired an AR-15 (I have fired an M-16 though) but I have fired 220 rounds through my M1 Garand as fast as I could load a clip. Most of the time before the last clip hits the ground. no idea how that worked out as to time but it sure wasn't very long. Shooting at a 5 gallon bucket 100-125 yards away.

Point is this theoretical number will never be displayed or demonstrated by the media that repeats it. CNN and the left are the true "low information" voters who love to hand their rights over based on bad information.

These are the same individual who literally are tricked out of their clothes for the Naked Bike ride in Portland every year. They don't know what they are supporting just someone from the left told them too.

Fastest ground-based firearm I ever got to shoot was an MG3, the up-to-date version of the WW2 MG42 in 7.62x51. Even then, I was firing it in bursts of maybe 20 shots @1200 rpm in sustained fire role. Twenty shots went 'just like that', 'Hitler's Buzz-saw' was/is aptly named. Hand-held was a MAC-10 in 9mm Para - that spat 'em out at around 1100 rpm, but, like the MG3, not for a minute...

tac

What about rounds per minute equivalency using mass? ARs typically fire 55gr projectiles. Assuming an AR 55gr cyclic rate is a unit.

Having fired an M249 in the military launching 150gr projectiles, that's approx 3x the cyclic rate of the AR unit.

So I've fired ~3000 rounds per minute in AR equivalent units. Are the lefties scared now?

Shall we do the math for SA shotguns firing slugs?

I beat you - six of these in one minute - 570 pounds.

oves_a_round%2C_prior_to_preparing_the_fuse_for_firing_during_Exercise_Steel_Sabre._MOD_45158545.jpg

:p

Meh... no idea. Didn't count the number. When I was in the army we had the A2, m60(artillery didn't get the high speed SAW), some grease guns, M2, and the m9 pistol. However I got to train/ pull op duty for Rangers and SF. They let me try some stuff and it was fun for like 15 minutes.

I was booted off the firing line when I dumped 100 rounds nonstop through the ma deuce. We then fired the SAW and had the same outcome. So, who knows what the count was, it was fun for the 15 minutes... now I would rather just put accurate rounds on target then worry about full auto. I just don't want some jack holes telling me that I cannot have one if I choose to waste my money on it.

Kind of like telling a guy from Texas he cannot have a truck much less a lifted truck. Or better yet, a politician that they have the same retirement plan and benefits of someone who worked as a waitress for their whole life. No offense to any waitresses; I respect anyone that busts their tail off and gets crap in return!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top