JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thread cleaned.
Please remember the forum rules and put it back in your pants.
No one really wants the childish BS here.:s0067:

Remember the rules here guys! Be excellent to each other. No need to get personal to a member.
I'm thinking you need to remember that rule yourself. Did I count my shots, no. Did I count the magazines, no. The crew loading the magazines did the counting. And, yes I did all the Shooting with one M-16A1 that was made by Colt. Yes it got HOT but since I was resting the Forend on a sandbag I really didn't care.:):):)

You want to be a Bevus about it. That's just fine by me. I was there.

Arguably WW-2 was the way it 'Should" be done, Squad level issue of the Garand, 1 DMR with a 1903, Two with B.A.R. and two pairs operating a pair of M-1919. then you had a mix of Pistol Caliber "assault Rifles" caliber .45 and the M-1 Carbine! While a logistics challenge, it was a superb set up for a long range patrolling squad with out much in the way of forward support! Once in a while you would find a heavy support team deploying a M-2 heavy, but that was an exception, not the rule!
Today we have Squad issue of the M-4/SCAR, some times with M-203s, a pair of S.A.W. weapons, and sometimes a DMR or pair of them! While it works, it's far from efficient or effective ( at least compared to WW-2) but the difference is in the HOW we fight! In WW-2, we had to hoof it on foot miles and miles before reaching the fight, today we roll mounted or airborn, high speed, low drag, with lots of support! Effective for short term, but gear and equipment intensive, and heavy on support!
The ideal would be a combo of WW-2 and today with regards to weapons! A Modern Modular weapon like the AR-10/SCAR-17 or other, Pistol Caliber carbines, again, mission adaptable, and continue with the S.A.W. M-249 and loose the M-243. The DMR would be a hybrid of the 7.62X51 rifle, and with the pistol caliber using the same as your side arms, you are now only supplying TWO calibers! You can add in a secondary weapon like a Shotgun, or a M-203 or other systems as needed, but your primary squad level issue is much more effective and easier to support! In the case of Long Range type missions, this becomes even more efficient and effective!

Last Edited:
The AUG was designed with the foregrip so you could change out the barrel when it got hot. The 24 HBAR with bipod was used as their LMG.

Though IICR one got shot to close to 1k rounds before the barrel bulged from heat. Think it was the standard AUG though.

The retards look at the cyclic rate of fire on wiki-pee and go OFMG!!! :eek:

As typical, they have zero understanding what term means or how it applies in real world application, so they simply continue to spew ignorant BS out of their filthy sewers.

Arguably WW-2 was the way it 'Should" be done, Squad level issue of the Garand, 1 DMR with a 1903, Two with B.A.R. and two pairs operating a pair of M-1919. then you had a mix of Pistol Caliber "assault Rifles" caliber .45 and the M-1 Carbine! While a logistics challenge, it was a superb set up for a long range patrolling squad with out much in the way of forward support! Once in a while you would find a heavy support team deploying a M-2 heavy, but that was an exception, not the rule!
Today we have Squad issue of the M-4/SCAR, some times with M-203s, a pair of S.A.W. weapons, and sometimes a DMR or pair of them! While it works, it's far from efficient or effective ( at least compared to WW-2) but the difference is in the HOW we fight! In WW-2, we had to hoof it on foot miles and miles before reaching the fight, today we roll mounted or airborn, high speed, low drag, with lots of support! Effective for short term, but gear and equipment intensive, and heavy on support!
The ideal would be a combo of WW-2 and today with regards to weapons! A Modern Modular weapon like the AR-10/SCAR-17 or other, Pistol Caliber carbines, again, mission adaptable, and continue with the S.A.W. M-249 and loose the M-243. The DMR would be a hybrid of the 7.62X51 rifle, and with the pistol caliber using the same as your side arms, you are now only supplying TWO calibers! You can add in a secondary weapon like a Shotgun, or a M-103 or other systems as needed, but your primary squad level issue is much more effective and easier to support! In the case of Long Range type missions, this becomes even more efficient and effective!

Dude, I rolled in a unit where all four line platoons had three M60's in all three squads, everyone had a 1911, SL's & TL's had M203's (that's 4 per squad), PLT-LDR PLT-SGT RTO & M60 AG's had M16's, and one trenchgun per squad that got passed around..... hubba hubba! :eek:

I think the most I ever pulled off was about 100 rpm. I was mag dumping for fun. I think maybe 10 of those rounds hit anywhere near the center of the target, and more than half missed the target. But it was fun.

A wake up call for those wanting full-autos............. Ladies and Gentlemen, many years ago I held a Class III license, and the majority of my sales were to Law Enforcement Agencies. I've had the common and the exotic pass through my hands. The Military and LOE agencies have a huge advantage over you. They don't pay for the ammunition. so:

"Wow, Martha!! I got it!! My Owner's Certificate for a Full-Auto rifle!!! It's waaayyy cool and fires 850 rounds per minute! I'm going out back and practice!"

*Thirty minutes later* "Martha, I'm out of ammo. I'm going to run down to the sporting goods store and buy some more! It sure went through 4,000 rounds pretty fast, but what fun!! Can I have another $1,480 dollars for another 30 minutes of fun?!?!"

"Well, John.......... How about you go brush your teeth first and then...... BITE ME!"

That's about how it's going to be. LEO's and the Military have many thousands of rounds supplied by their agencies to become proficient. You, the citizen, do not. A sub-Machinegun in 9mm takes an average of 20,000 rounds to get to a reasonable simile of proficiency. It takes another average of 2,000 rounds per month to maintain that level.

A Full-auto rifle is another story altogether. It's too long an explanation for me to type here, but a standard 20 round magazine can be emptied in a few, short seconds. We're not talking about a bipod deployed BAR or an M2 .50 caliber. You'd NEVER be able to support that ammunition cost factor in your lifetime.......... I'm talking about the far more available rifles. Talk to anyone who has specific experience on a range with a shoulder fired full-auto rifle.

Shoulder held........First round.... on the money........ second round..... 6" high........ ALL the rest....... off the target. You won't be able to purchase a 3 round burst rifle that cycles much faster, but that is the only version that comes close to any accuracy with a full-auto shoulder fired rifle, unless it's an H&K G11. That's a 3 round burst that cycles at 3,200rpm, but only in a burst mode. All three hits withing a couple of inches of each other, sometimes less.

Save your money. Buy her a ring or a new car. The cost will be about the same as a week of full-auto fire.

I have a hard time believing this.

I believe it in the sense of a stock ar15, or stock blow back 9mm, with an untrained shooter.

But Both my ARs are soooo soft to shoot.

1 18" with rifle gas and a big fat brake, and rifle length buffer tube feels like a .22LR to shoot (not exagerating!)

the other, a 12.5" with midlength gas, adj gas block, and heavy suppresor and heavy light, there is a lot of weight out front. I have a Geiselle GRF trigger (meant to bump fire) and I can rack off rounds extremily fast and stay in an 8" circle at 10 yards. Not amazing but good enough.

Hell, when I had the GRF trigger in my 300 blk pistol, I was getting good double taps on steel at 50 yards that sounded like burst fire if I was in a good prone position.

The ideal would be a combo of WW-2 and today with regards to weapons! A Modern Modular weapon like the AR-10/SCAR-17 or other, Pistol Caliber carbines, again, mission adaptable, and continue with the S.A.W. M-249 and loose the M-243. The DMR would be a hybrid of the 7.62X51 rifle, and with the pistol caliber using the same as your side arms, you are now only supplying TWO calibers! You can add in a secondary weapon like a Shotgun, or a M-103 or other systems as needed, but your primary squad level issue is much more effective and easier to support! In the case of Long Range type missions, this becomes even more efficient and effective!
The army is slow to learn the value of air support. Even in Vietnam they were slow to call it in using large helicopter formations more as troop carriers than weapons......... that changes the complexion of a battlefield so much that it is a totally different enviorment. They are better these days but still over value infantry and armor as opposed to air power. Our air superiority has not been seriously challenged since late WW2, even the famous air battles of the Korean War were short lived and minor. Today, an A10 or weaponized C130 can do more damage than 1/2 a division of ground troops.....then when you get serious, you call in the B52's. Army commanders since Pershing have resisted involving air power. The guys on the ground at the front............not so much. I have seen an A10 take out a 1/2 mile of armor in a single pass with 30mm Gatling gun goodness. The problem we have today is everyone's reticence to collateral damage. We have lost many good warriors because of it. That is a trade I would not be willing to take.

Last Edited:
That's .66 seconds per shot including reload time plus something like 50 mags if they each held 20 rounds...

I think he only had 8 and 10 round mags. I know they couldn't keep up and he was waiting on them at the end. Probably for the best since the gun was so hot it annealed the barrel I'm sure.

Sorry, but I gotta call BS. That isn't possible. The gas tube would have let go and there wouldn't be a spec of rifling in that barrel. Let alone the barrel drooping from the heat. LONG before 35k.

3500? Maybe.
35,000? No way.

I dunno, sounds possible to me. 35,000 rounds over 5 hours averages about 6- 20 round magazines per minute. Figure 2 seconds to empty the magazine and 5 seconds for a mag swap, that's 35 seconds for 6 mags, leaving 25 seconds every minute to dunk the barrel in a bucket of water.

I do have to say, you're one helluva iron man to keep that up for five hours straight!

(No offense intended towards anyone; not taking any sides or questioning anyone's veracity. I was just running some numbers, just for the fun of it.) :)

Dude, I rolled in a unit where all four line platoons had three M60's in all three squads, everyone had a 1911, SL's & TL's had M203's (that's 4 per squad), PLT-LDR PLT-SGT RTO & M60 AG's had M16's, and one trenchgun per squad that got passed around..... hubba hubba! :eek:

Heavy Infantry, or Mechanized?
I saw a lot of Marine Units deployed like that, but regular Army, only as a Heavy or Mechanized!

Krazy stuff!:D

I dunno, sounds possible to me. 35,000 rounds over 5 hours averages about 6- 20 round magazines per minute. Figure 2 seconds to empty the magazine and 5 seconds for a mag swap, that's 35 seconds for 6 mags, leaving 25 seconds every minute to dunk the barrel in a bucket of water.

I do have to say, you're one helluva iron man to keep that up for five hours straight!

(No offense intended towards anyone; not taking any sides or questioning anyone's veracity. I was just running some numbers, just for the fun of it.) :)

Nah, it's not about if it's HUMANLY possible. It's about the fact that the machine can't take that kind of sustained fire. Just because it's stamped Colt doesn't mean it will can take that kind of abuse. :)

Even dunkin the entire rifle every other mag, your gonna blast that barrel all to hell by 3 to 4 thousand rounds, ain't gonna happen! I know all to well, having been a part of the A.F. side of the new light rifles trials where we tortured them all, no COLT or any other make is going to last over a sustained fire of that magnitude, and no barrel will last that long no matter how you treat it! the simple fact is, the metallurgy just isn't there yet!

Like I said, I was just having fun with numbers. You all have experience with stuff I know very little about. I've never even fired an M16.

There are some cool meltdown videos on YouTube. Iraqveteran8888 has done quite a few. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top