JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Strange that it will only do around 400 rounds/minute in full auto but the 3 round burst is so fast it sounds like one shot. :eek:

It was only available in 3 round burst. I demo'd one to the Kalispell PD in maybe 85 or so, and they used up the allocated 6 bricks of ammunition. Lotza fun, but the county nixed the (then ) price of $3,600.00

It was only available in 3 round burst. I demo'd one to the Kalispell PD in maybe 85 or so, and they used up the allocated 6 bricks of ammunition. Lotza fun, but the county nixed the (then ) price of $3,600.00

They made a version that had FA capability.

It's ok. I'm fluent in German. That's a slightly newer model.......... one I'd never seen before. Cyclic rate is much slower.

Yeah, seems they all had that 3 round blink of an eye burst but the FA was relatively slow for a MG.

I put 35,000 rounds through an M-16A1 in a single afternoon. About 5 hours time frame. I had one guy removing empty 20 round magazines and another guy inserting loaded ones. Yep, the ammuntion was supplied by our Uncle and I was hip deep in empty cases by the time I was done. I used the same rifle the next day to qualify and shot expert. So no the rifle wasn't damaged. It was a Colt.

I put 35,000 rounds through an M-16A1 in a single afternoon. About 5 hours time frame. I had one guy removing empty 20 round magazines and another guy inserting loaded ones. Yep, the ammuntion was supplied by our Uncle and I was hip deep in empty cases by the time I was done. I used the same rifle the next day to qualify and shot expert. So no the rifle wasn't damaged. It was a Colt.

Sorry, but I gotta call BS. That isn't possible. The gas tube would have let go and there wouldn't be a spec of rifling in that barrel. Let alone the barrel drooping from the heat. LONG before 35k.

3500? Maybe.
35,000? No way.

Last Edited:
I think I got off 200 rounds timed from a Hot -15 once, it had the Auto bolt and tuned gas system, was fun, and quite accurate, but ultimately, not practical! And a -15/16 will over heat a barrel pretty fast with any thing close to F.A. rated continues firing! Think about this for a few seconds, 30 rounds and a mag change as fast as you can, 200 rounds, 6 mags, 1 min! That friends is FAST, and I only did it once! Another fun run I had was a G-3, you guys know those roller lock bolts can really cycle, this was a semi only rifle, but boy did it sound like a F.A. for 3 mags!:D

Kinda Fun, even with Uncle Sam is footing the bill, but it gets old quick, and once you been there, done that, it looses all it's fascination!
Give me a 3 round burst, that's about the most useful of the high volume, suppressive fire I could ever need, especially with a S.A.W. gunner in the midst! As a civi, it's all just for show!:D

I don't know, 800 rounds per minute sounds kind of slow for a standard AR, because we all know that a "ghost gun" "with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. 30 magazine clip within half a second." So that comes out to 3,600 rounds per minute. I don't think that adding a serial number to an AR will slow it down that much, 300-400 definitely, but 2,800..... no way.

Ray

Sorry, but I gotta call BS. That isn't possible. The gas tube would have let go and there wouldn't be a spec of rifling in that barrel. Let alone the barrel drooping from the heat. LONG before 35k.

3500? Maybe.
35,000? No way.
You can call BS all you want. You weren't there, I was. And to this day I hate the M-16/AR-15 platform.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top