JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I put about 400 rounds through my Glock 19 yesterday and then I had an idea. How many rounds have you put through your firearm in one sitting without cleaning, etc...? Also, be sure to say what model it was. Ammo brand too?

Thanks,
Steve

*edit: I noticed I didn't say which brand, I was shooting some PMC. I wanted to get rid of it because my TEC-DC9 doesn't shoot it well, but the Glock gobbles it up. Just simplifying things so I only have Remington, Winchester, etc... now

I have ran around 700 rounds through a sig mosquito one afternoon tring to break that damn thing in :) All kinds brought like 2-3k with me and the ammo it liked we feed and we feed it some more!

Was a fun afternoon :)

Got pretty damn dirty too

Technically 2 sittings (over a weekend), but 700 rounds of UMC bulk pack 9mm through my PT92 without cleaning. Ran like a champ all weekend untill 1 round stuck in the chamber. That wasnt the gun though, when I (finally) got that round out I saw the cartridge was totally misformed, it was oval rather than round. I'm pretty sure the 92 design could go several thousand rounds between cleanings if one really wanted to try.

kimber cdpII between 600 and 700 in a 10hr class
and that was some factory reloads from OMC
that i thought were a little dirty to shoot compared to others

I put 700-some-odd rounds through my Bravo Company uppered AR in a rather short timeframe, couple hours maybe, late last year... all kinds of ammo - BVAC, Silver Bear, M193...

Hottest I've ever gotten a barrel, on a semi anyway. Still ran hard despite being pretty much bone dry - convinced I could have gone well very well past 1k w/o malfunction. Only thing that stopped me was my wallet. I'd love to be able to afford to see what would cripple it.

Dang unreliable ARs... ;)

When I was looking at the semi-autos, the article in one magazine said the author and some friends put 15,000 thru the SR9 without cleaning. They shot mag after mag and even poured water on the barrel to cool it.

I generally don't keep count.

I do know I have run 1k of Wolf through my bushmaster without cleaning. Only malfunctions I had were related to my Beta C-Mag. Zero malfunctions using USGI magazines. The only reason I cleaned it after that was to switch back to brass ammo, and it was really disgusting inside.

I don't even clean my Glocks for the most part.

I have probably put well over 5000 rounds through my nylon 66 without cleaning it. The thing is too damn complicated to clean anyway. I just run it for about to years then take it in and have it cleaned.

Maybe some Oregon LEO's can back me up on this one but I have a buddy that I go shooting with all the time that is on the Portland PD and he says during the academy on shooting day they can put a few thousand rounds through their Glock 17 each day.

I personally have put about 1500 rounds through my XD 45 without cleaning. It ate all the ammo up just fine but it was killing me not cleaning it. So I broke down and had to do it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top