JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CBS News posted a list of States with most to least firearms per capita....but they only use NFA Firearms for their citation. So it looks like Oregon has about 44,000 firearms when in reality Oregon has 44,000 registered Title II firearms... and lord knows how many regular old rifles, pistols, and shotguns.

How heavily armed is your state?

Growing up in farm country around the Willamette valley I don't know a single family that didn't have at least one firearm.

This reminds me of that old joke:

"If I have 7 guns and the government takes 7 how many do I have left? 26....I lied about having 7"

Wow, that slideshow is really misleading, clearly put together by someone really stupid, ignorant, or lazy. Here are a couple quotes from it:

"While the ATF's National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record is the only accessible list of its kind, it is not all-inclusive. NFA firearms only include the categories regulated by The National Firearms Act of 1934: machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices like bombs and grenades, concealable devices with the ability to discharge a shot through the energy of an explosive, and any firearm with a bore over half an inch that has not been determined to have a legitimate sporting use. But some guns fall outside of this scope, and many aren't registered, meaning surveys on gun ownership come to different conclusions."

"Texas comes in at number 18, with 12.8 guns on record for every 1,000 residents. That's 337,309 firearms among 26,448,193 people. In fact, the actual numbers are probably higher because Texans are not required by law to register their firearms. As such, the ATF can only count those who seek background checks."

This is a lot like making a list ranking automobile ownership, based on records of Lamborghini sales, then saying that it may not be entirely accurate because some cars aren't Lamborghinis.

It's obviously ridiculous to us, but it always amazes me how many people are completely ignorant of gun laws. A large percentage of the population seems to think that all guns are registered just like cars.

All Oregon State Laws, All US Code Laws, All NFA Laws And All BATFE Rules And Regulations Apply. Your local, state and other gun laws may vary greatly. Stay safe. Stay Legal.

Doesn't everybody have a few? :)

Clickbait slideshow meant to put as much advertising in front of your face as possible, as you scroll through all 50 states, put together by a lazy left-wing CBS advertising employee who couldn't possibly care less about accuracy. o_O

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top