JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Based on nothing but my own observations I think the most popular handgun calibers among civilians are 9mm and .45. The most popular brands seem to be Glock and S&W followed at some distance by Springfield, Taurus and CZ.

I forgot! Yeah that would high on the list. I've never seen anybody who owned rifles that didn't have at least one .22

-Steve

Me LOL. I didn't have a .22 for quite a while. I had a 9mm a 12ga an AR and AK before I finally bought a .22. Now I have a .22 pistol and a .22 kit for my AR.

.22 rifles, 12 ga shotguns, .38/.357 revolvers, 30-30 lever rifles, and maybe 30.06 bolt actions. I wouldn't be surprised if 9mm and .45 handguns fell in there somewhere also.

Edited to add: I've also heard that AR-15's have been the #1 selling rifle in recent times, so I wouldn't be surprised if it crept in there also.

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know of anything better documented and/or detailed, ie: "There are 5 million Marlin 336 rifles in .30/30" or "Glock Model 19s are more common than all revolvers combined"? :)

I'm mostly just curious Otis. Though the info may be a factor in my future purchases. :)

Well here is my two cents then:

Ruger 10/22 (I have two, cheap fun day at the range or shooting gofers.)
Ruger 30-06 (Hunting)
Remmington 870 12 ga. (Turkeys, clay pigeons)
Springfield XDm .40 cal (personal defense, carry gun)

I have more but these are the most common I have.

Of all I have I don't think I could do without a .22
If you are ever feeling strapped for cash you can calm that itchy trigger finger for $15 or less.

Otis

I think marlin .22s and 10/22s. And mossberg and remington 12ga. either way 12ga and .22. As for hand guns I think maybe .38/357 s&w revolvers would be real high, just because they were king for so long. Now 9mm, .40 and .45 in any gun is common. must be a place online that has best selling, but that wouldn't completely tell you what guns are out there the most.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top