JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Based on nothing but my own observations I think the most popular handgun calibers among civilians are 9mm and .45. The most popular brands seem to be Glock and S&W followed at some distance by Springfield, Taurus and CZ.

I forgot! Yeah that would high on the list. I've never seen anybody who owned rifles that didn't have at least one .22

-Steve

Me LOL. I didn't have a .22 for quite a while. I had a 9mm a 12ga an AR and AK before I finally bought a .22. Now I have a .22 pistol and a .22 kit for my AR.

.22 rifles, 12 ga shotguns, .38/.357 revolvers, 30-30 lever rifles, and maybe 30.06 bolt actions. I wouldn't be surprised if 9mm and .45 handguns fell in there somewhere also.

Edited to add: I've also heard that AR-15's have been the #1 selling rifle in recent times, so I wouldn't be surprised if it crept in there also.

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know of anything better documented and/or detailed, ie: "There are 5 million Marlin 336 rifles in .30/30" or "Glock Model 19s are more common than all revolvers combined"? :)

I'm mostly just curious Otis. Though the info may be a factor in my future purchases. :)

Well here is my two cents then:

Ruger 10/22 (I have two, cheap fun day at the range or shooting gofers.)
Ruger 30-06 (Hunting)
Remmington 870 12 ga. (Turkeys, clay pigeons)
Springfield XDm .40 cal (personal defense, carry gun)

I have more but these are the most common I have.

Of all I have I don't think I could do without a .22
If you are ever feeling strapped for cash you can calm that itchy trigger finger for $15 or less.

Otis

I think marlin .22s and 10/22s. And mossberg and remington 12ga. either way 12ga and .22. As for hand guns I think maybe .38/357 s&w revolvers would be real high, just because they were king for so long. Now 9mm, .40 and .45 in any gun is common. must be a place online that has best selling, but that wouldn't completely tell you what guns are out there the most.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top