JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Email response from Mossberg:
Thank you for reaching out to O.F. Mossberg and Sons Inc. We are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries. We will get you as quickly as we can, but it may take up to 72 business hours for you to receive a response.

Mossberg plays hardball with Dicks, dries up supply.

Mossberg squeezes Dicks, bust their intentions.

Last Edited:
Like I said before, I'll bet $100 Dick's is belly-up by the end of 2019.

Doubt it. They don't sell that many guns or that much ammo. They mostly sell basketballs/etc. - if they stopped selling guns altogether it would not put them out of business. They are not a gun store and they suck at it to start with. I have not gone in there since the first time they tried this crap with that Connecticut school shooting years ago.

Like I said before, I'll bet $100 Dick's is belly-up by the end of 2019.
I mentioned all this to my wife and she says, every time we have been there, even on a Saturday, there is only 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot and about the same amount of customers in the store.

I mentioned all this to my wife and she says, every time we have been there, even on a Saturday, there is only 3 or 4 cars in the parking lot and about the same amount of customers in the store.
Hopefully you won't be making any more trips there!

Dick's may not be a gun store but pro 2A shoppers also bought other goods from Dick's. A lot of people aren't going to support family members shopping there anymore. There's no way it's not going to affect sales. Like mentioned above I drive by Dick's in Hillsboro a lot and never see many cars in the lot. I don't know how they've lasted as long as they have, compared to Joe's it's like a graveyard.

There is an interesting article from Forbes magazine on Dick's situation: Dick's Sporting Goods Is Tumbling – But Don't Blame Its New Policy on Guns

Excerpt:

Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. has vowed to limits sales of guns. Its problem, however, is poor sales of everything else.

Only weeks after winning accolades from gun-control advocates for ending sales of assault rifles at its Field & Stream stores, Dick's posted a deeper-than-expected sales decline. Its stock sank the most in four months Tuesday in the wake of the quarterly report, which reflected struggles with excess inventory and deep discounting.
This was written back in March before the manufacturers (e.g., Mossberg, Inland, Hi-Point, etc.) bailed. Seems they are having trouble moving their other merchandise. I am so glad I have not invested in their stock.

There is an interesting article from Forbes magazine on Dick's situation: Dick's Sporting Goods Is Tumbling – But Don't Blame Its New Policy on Guns

Excerpt:

This was written back in March before the manufacturers (e.g., Mossberg, Inland, Hi-Point, etc.) bailed. Seems they are having trouble moving their other merchandise. I am so glad I have not invested in their stock.

GOOD!!! Even people going in there who were not there to buy guns may well be gun owners. I hope most of them get wind of this and choose to buy their stuff anyplace else. I would love nothing more that to read that Dicks went out of business.

Excerpt:

Pissing off tens of millions of potential customers had nothing to do with it... ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top