JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 11 year old loves both of my 22/45s. I have a MK2, and a MK3 both with bull barrels. He is gonna be shooting my 1911 next weekend for the first time.

The Rugers will last a lifetime with proper care. The P22 and Mosquito are cool looking, but the Ruger will be better in the long run.............

Just my .02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

I would go with a G19 gen4. I say gen 4 because you can change grip size. You can get LEO discount on a Glock. Police, security, EMT etc..... can all get the discount. If you know a buddy who is able to get the discount (assuming you can't) that be the best way...... You can get a brand new gen 4 for $398, well last I checked.

Another option if you're set on a 'traditional centerfire style' semi auto is a Sig 'classic'. They've started selling their P220, P226 and P229 pistols with the 22 conversion kit slide/barrel/mag set instead of their normal center fire set. They sell the conversion kits to convert the 'classic' back to it's original caliber (9, .40, .357sig, .45). But, those classic P-series Sigs cost as much as the full centerfire version. http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p229-classic-22.aspx

If it was me, and I had my heart set on semi auto, I'd go for a classic Colt Woodsman (late gen so magazines etc aren't insanely expensive), Ruger Mark II/ 22/45, or Buckmark.

Ordered the 4.5" Beretta Neos Inox yesterday. Should have it tomorrow. :)

Been there, my son picked out the same gun when he was around that age. LOL. But, it has worked like it should and shoots pretty good. It is a great first gun and he can plink away and it won't break the bank like a 9mm could. Kids can really run through ammo. He will have a big smile on his face come Christmas. You know that you will have to go shoot it right away, plan on it.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top