JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 11 year old loves both of my 22/45s. I have a MK2, and a MK3 both with bull barrels. He is gonna be shooting my 1911 next weekend for the first time.

The Rugers will last a lifetime with proper care. The P22 and Mosquito are cool looking, but the Ruger will be better in the long run.............

Just my .02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

I would go with a G19 gen4. I say gen 4 because you can change grip size. You can get LEO discount on a Glock. Police, security, EMT etc..... can all get the discount. If you know a buddy who is able to get the discount (assuming you can't) that be the best way...... You can get a brand new gen 4 for $398, well last I checked.

Another option if you're set on a 'traditional centerfire style' semi auto is a Sig 'classic'. They've started selling their P220, P226 and P229 pistols with the 22 conversion kit slide/barrel/mag set instead of their normal center fire set. They sell the conversion kits to convert the 'classic' back to it's original caliber (9, .40, .357sig, .45). But, those classic P-series Sigs cost as much as the full centerfire version. http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p229-classic-22.aspx

If it was me, and I had my heart set on semi auto, I'd go for a classic Colt Woodsman (late gen so magazines etc aren't insanely expensive), Ruger Mark II/ 22/45, or Buckmark.

Ordered the 4.5" Beretta Neos Inox yesterday. Should have it tomorrow. :)

Been there, my son picked out the same gun when he was around that age. LOL. But, it has worked like it should and shoots pretty good. It is a great first gun and he can plink away and it won't break the bank like a 9mm could. Kids can really run through ammo. He will have a big smile on his face come Christmas. You know that you will have to go shoot it right away, plan on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top