JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Safe firearm storage , should be left to the gun owner.
What works and is safe in my house...may not work or be safe in someone else's house.
This seems like a "one size fits none" kinda solution.

Now the tax breaks on safes that are given here in Washington...or the giving of a "trigger lock" etc.. with a gun purchase are good ideas...Just don't make my choice for me , is all I ask.

And as pointed out above...enforcement is problematic...Also just what does one more law to break , for a criminal really mean or what good does it actually do...?
Andy

There's this thing called 'state preemption' they have to overcome.
RCW 9.41.290: State preemption. - Washington
The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components. Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300

The only provision for local gun ordinances is restricting guns in public buildings.

There's this thing called 'state preemption' they have to overcome.
RCW 9.41.290: State preemption. - Washington
The state of Washington hereby fully occupies and preempts the entire field of firearms regulation within the boundaries of the state, including the registration, licensing, possession, purchase, sale, acquisition, transfer, discharge, and transportation of firearms, or any other element relating to firearms or parts thereof, including ammunition and reloader components. Cities, towns, and counties or other municipalities may enact only those laws and ordinances relating to firearms that are specifically authorized by state law, as in RCW 9.41.300

The only provision for local gun ordinances is restricting guns in public buildings.

I'm pretty sure if they ignore federal law (immigration, etc.), ignoring state law ain't no thang.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top