JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A kind-hearted soul on the Whitworth FB pages sent me a selection of Whitworth-style bullets of various kinds to help me make my mind up about getting a suitable mould, or not. I thought I'd share them with you.

1629725359369-png.png

a. As cast from the Pedersoli mould - he notes that due to the separate nose-piece this mould takes a good while to come up with the goods, and needs to be kept working one starting to produce keep-worthy bullets.

b. As cast from the K.A.L mould, with 9~ onion-skin paper wrap. Put on wet and folded under the base.

c. As cast Pedersoli bullets with the onion-skin wrap and d. with very thin print paper.

Note that the bore of my P-H Whitworth is .4485" - IOW, tight, although geometry being what it is, a nekkid .451" sized Lyman bullet WILL go down nicely. So, bullet b is a good close fit and would go down with little effort, probably under the weight of the ranging rod alone. Bullet c is somewhat closer but is still an easy loader, and d is pretty tight, but still goes down, albeit with some effort.

Here is the pattern for the paper patch, thanks to the same kind soul - this is from an original provided by K.A.L. in Manitoba.

1629726630537-png.png

PS- if anybody in UK is interested, I have a contact in the Channel Islands who is in the process of making Whitworth moulds to any width a/f, as well as cylindrical pattern as well. PM me for details.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top