JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd rather fish from the bank. I can't tell ya how often some dummy rolls over and spooks a hole, or decides they want to park in the prime water and spooks the hole. You learn a lot more than cast and hookset fishing from the bank. There's a reason it's called "trolling", it's how trolls like to fish!

I'd apologize for being overrun by hysteria if I watched that happen to somebody else. LMAO

Some of my most funny moments in life are watching idiots at a boat ramp. :D
For some reason I thought that going salmon fishing was a good idea. Rained all the way out to the Fishery, and rained all day to boot. Found 2" of water in my pockets when we pulled out.
First, the bottom of the ramp had a big hole just under the waterline so you went right or left. There was no light either.
So, 2 guys trying to get the trailer down the ramp in the dark. The guy driving had never done it before. The owner of the boat stood there w a flashlight yelling "right,no left, straighten it out, no right. If they weren't holding everyone up it would have been funny. As it was, he hit the hole anyway!

Last Edited:
Yeah, well...don't be getting all high and mighty. I always keep in mind crap can happen to ANYONE! Even us pros. Knock on wood my fishing friends. :D

OH don't get me wrong I have done it. And probably better. difference is I'm out early before anyone can see it happen.

Which means it didn't really happen right?:D

OH don't get me wrong I have done it. And probably better. difference is I'm out early before anyone can see it happen.

Which means it didn't really happen right?:D
Not if you have a good enough relationship with your detail/dent guy...
Luckily your doctor is bound by law to be secretive. ;)

Fishing with 90-year-old retired logger, in his boat on O"Dell for kokanee. Fish were really biting. Wind hadn't started. As he reels the last few feet of the hook came out of the fish and buried itself deep in the fleshy part of his thumb. The barb was really deep, but he wanted to push it through and cut it off. I moaned and groaned more than he did to no avail. With my pushing and twisting barb wouldn't go through his tough hide. I insisted we head to hospital. He insisted I use my custom sheath knife to slice his thumb to remove the hook. I've doctored cows and horses without much thought. I wasn't really up to performing this surgery. I did. One deep slice and out came the hook. He wrapped his thumb in the fish rag and we kept going till we both go the limit. We laughed later we needed a stick for him to chew, and a bottle of cheap whiskey for cleansing the wound and steadying my nerves.

^No... just no...

Although reminds me of the time I got a hook stuck in my foot running around in the woods when I was 12. I was chasing my cousin and got my line stuck on something. Got back to his place and felt a bur on my foot and went to pull it off. When the bur wouldn't come off, I looked and saw my fly stuck in my heel. I panicked and told my uncle. He then tried pulling on it, and pushing it through, but I made such a fuss he figured he needed to cut it out.
I asked him, "can I swear?" To which he looked confused and told me, "no..."
He then made a small incision and it popped right out! Upon further inspection of the hook he exclaimed "wow, that's all it was! I figured it was a lot bigger by the way you were acting!"
I shrugged it off, and spent the rest of the day fishing the river.

When I first got kinda good at Fly Tying, I was really going to town tying all sorts of patterns, and having an absolute blast catching fish on flys I had tied my self. One fine spring day, I was sitting at my home bench cranking out a bunch of flys and my Puppy came to see if he could help, stuck his nose right in the pile! That was quite a shock, poor feller got at least 8 or 9 stuck in his snout! Wife and I were trying to hold him still while I'm trying to pull them out one handed with my Leatherman, poor guy. We finally got them all yanked out and started with the disinfection and he really raised the roof then. Now, when he sees me break out the fly tying stuff, he goes and hides someplace where those nasty buggers can't get him but he can watch to make sure I don't need more help! Best dang fishing buddy I ever had!

Same puppy almost growled up, thinks he is a trollin motor! We put the John boat in the water to float around and see if there were any trout to be found, he is standing there on the bow, whole 170 pounds worth wiggling wildly, begging for the Ok to jump in and go for a swim, I finally said ok and, kersplash, there he goes! He swims out a little ways and then turns around, grabs the painter line and starts dragging the boat around, the whole time having the greatest time of his life! Good Doggy!

I mentioned this trip in detail on my open seats thread, it went like this, keep bailing man, we have 2 more fish to go for our limits… :s0037: :s0037: :s0037:

That was a close one but the times we're out on the lake and the wind picks up are what I call "Riding the Bull fishin". Good Lawdy that takes TOTAL CONCENTRATION.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top