JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why is that you afraid your going to run it aground?:rolleyes::D

Actually I'm afraid I'm going to hit something up under the water like a submerged log or a body.... lol I did hit one (a submergedlog) one time in my buddies boat, thank goodness it didn't break the motor off the back of the transom cuz it about threw me out of the boat....:eek::eek::eek:

Last Edited:
Actually I'm afraid I'm going to hit something up under the water like a submerged log or a body.... lol I did hit one this time in my buddies boat, thank goodness it didn't break the motor off the back of the transom cuz it about threw me out of the boat....:eek::eek::eek:
Never had that problem in a canoe... lmao
Nothing like trying to get up river in a canoe to make you feel like a pioneer.

Reminds me of a story. We are in lake Chelan at one of the State Parks. Now keep in mind the water wasn't up all the way from the summer melt off and the boat launch was about half sand. I am standing at the dock holding my boat waiting for my buddy to park the truck. This guy in a really nice big lifted truck comes down the hill pulling a big 28' cuddy cabin. I'm thinking to myself that this guy has more money than brains. :rolleyes:

Well this guy turns around unhooks the bow and the stern straps. Well the trailer had rollers and you know what happened next. He backs down the ramp ( In my surprise didn't loose the boat) Until he goes over the edge where it transitioned to the sand. Boat comes off the trailer like a rocket. Broke his out drive and landed on the sand. There was no way to get that thing back on the trailer. After laughing for a good 15 min we ended up helping the dude. Last I heard he had to get a big rig wrecker in there to tow it back up onto the trailer.

You haven't lived until someone in your boat gets smoked with one of these to the face...

View attachment 384764

This could feel well below average too....

is?adxwTREpIKwTfxOrjD_xAlaVg0hRaBSHypTL9YkOycA&height=255.jpg

Reminds me of a story. We are in lake Chelan at one of the State Parks. Now keep in mind the water wasn't up all the way from the summer melt off and the boat launch was about half sand. I am standing at the dock holding my boat waiting for my buddy to park the truck. This guy in a really nice big lifted truck comes down the hill pulling a big 28' cuddy cabin. I'm thinking to myself that this guy has more money than brains. :rolleyes:

Well this guy turns around unhooks the bow and the stern straps. Well the trailer had rollers and you know what happened next. He backs down the ramp ( In my surprise didn't loose the boat) Until he goes over the edge where it transitioned to the sand. Boat comes off the trailer like a rocket. Broke his out drive and landed on the sand. There was no way to get that thing back on the trailer. After laughing for a good 15 min we ended up helping the dude. Last I heard he had to get a big rig wrecker in there to tow it back up onto the trailer.

Good Lawdy!!!!
That's as bad as that jackhole that put his daddy's 23 ft Bayliner with twin screw props in at Blue Creek on the Cowlitz. I don't think he made it past Blue Creek where it ended up in the mouth of the creek. Both props were chewed damn near totally off and I can only imagine what the bottom of the boat look like.
It was on the local news and in quite a few newspapers as well....:s0140::s0140::s0140:

There was a time we were out fishing, launched from the same spot as the buoy incident. The weather was really bad, pouring rain and windy with decent swells. We were taking our time getting to our spot as the flat bottom jet drive can be rough in chop. Here comes the weekend warrior in his Bayliner, going way to fast for the conditions. He passes us fast....and then......BOOM! Slams into the bottom of a swell and all you can see is water for a split second. The boat pops back up. Engine stalled and steaming. We stop and tie up to them until he can get it started again. I'm pretty sure he needed a change of drawers. :D

There ain't no good feeling when your dead in the water....

It's funny the conditions under which you meet people. My buddy & I came back to the launch after a successful morning of shooting at dicks & geese. We motor up slowly as a boat is being backed down the steep ramp. He did it just like I launch solo, tie the front line to the trailer winch , back her off the trailer & wait for line to get taunt & slowly pull forward till the craft makes land then tie off to a tree or something. Just a stellar job he did. We waited for him to park his rig & mosey on down to a slowly sinking boat...... The transom had about a foot before it went under & the guy is just stone cold locked up in horror. We assist said boat owner with instructions for how to get the plug in & water out & loaned him my I gallon per bucket to start bailing after he got wet putting in the plug at the rear of the transom......... We are actually friends & my buddy is really good friends with him, we gave him the nickname "Shipwrech John".:p
And that is why I love bilge pumps! Was he going to shoot at some dicks and geese too?:p:D

I've got a story...

I am out with the "in-laws" for a second day of boating. We had put in at downtown Milwaukie. All sorts of fun cruising up and down the Willamette (unfortunately no fishing).
We're up at Oregon City when the father in-law and I notice that the gas gage has not gone down since we started on that day. We're thinking it might be time to head back, but the mother in-law calls us spoil sports and demands we continue with the fun. Of course we push it a little further, because we think we can probably make it alright. We finally decide the gas gage is broken and we have to head back before we are totally out of gas. I throttle up to 30mph all the way down to Milwaukie when we are approaching the boat launch. Somebody calls out, "slow down, don't hit the dock!"... we were about 100 yards away from the dock, but I generally listen to "slow down, we're going to hit..." However, as soon as I slow the boat and the nose lowers, the engine cuts off. We're dead in the water.
I'm thinking that it's fine, the boat ramp is right there, we're upriver, it's just the Willamette, it's going to suck to paddle back... Well we got caught in an eddy and were being pushed into the middle of the river. Next thing I know, the Portland Spirit is cruising right at us!
We try waving the flags, using the horn, but to no avail. We break out a little Minkota trolling motor and are trying to get this Bayliner out of the Portland Spirit's path.
"Everyone, brace for impact!" The father in-law and my fiancé cannot swim... and are apparently afraid the sea lion is going to get them. I can see the captain's face at this point, and I can only imagine what he is thinking. We're about to jump over board when the boat cruises by 10' from us.

Some nice guys threw us a rope and towed us in and we went out to a bar and drank ourselves silly.

That's how my mother in-law got the nickname "kill-us-all Carrie"... and how I was almost run over by the Portland Spirit.
How small is your gas tank? We have a old 2-stroke Evinrude 70 horse coupled to an 18 gallon tank and we can run for ages on that thing. A whole day's boating at full throttle and We only burn about 3 or 4 gallons. Do you hav extra fuel? We have 4 extra gallons and the 6 gallons from our kicker if need be. Glad you made it out safe!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top